SOLVED

Anyone also seeing app@sharepoint.com in Delve?

MVP

Today I have seen in one of my test tenants something not expected in any way: a user/account called app@sharepoint.com appears us modifier of some documents around me...anyone seeing also thisWeird_Problems_Delve.PNG

11 Replies
I'm also seeing this. There is no pattern as to who or what is causing this
Have not got this issue seems to be solved.
@Mark Kashman is the team aware of this issue?
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
Yes. The team is aware and working in a fix. Thank you for highlighting and asking.
Thanks for the update Mark!

Hi, I also see app@sharepoint appear in my Delve results. Feels like someone else is looking into my files. This issue still isn't resolved I suppose.

app.PNG

Same issues. For some time now.

Dear @Mark Kashman,

Could you provide us with an official update on the matter.

Can you add additional input on how the new Delve entry point relates to this issue? (see your other response: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Delve/Delve-is-now-showing-under-eur-delve-office-com/m-p/410...)

I have an open incident (ID: 617010593194700) regarding this app@sharepoint account and the support is sending me around in circles. 

I've come to find out by accident that the new Delve entry points DON'T show this app@sharepoint account on document cards, while the old entry point does.

From my testing I have concluded that

is this correct, and will the issue get resolved by the time the new entry points are fully rolled out? If so, do you have an estimate?

Hi Ivan,

Since we started to implement a fix to address these signals, documents not modified by the user after the fix was rolled out would still have the app@sharepoint as modifier. The team is reviewing how to filter these out in the Delve user interface or find a way to remove these signals from Graph. And to assert, this issue does not mean there was improper access or modification of the content. It is a user interface context error on our end. It is fixed going forward, and what you are still seeing is if the content has not been modified since the fix was rolled out a few weeks ago.

Does this sound right per where you are seeing it; aka, is it content that has not been recently modified?

Thanks,
Mark

Hi @Mark Kashman,

I'd say correct, those haven't been recently modified. 

Still doesn't explain why the new entry point delve.office.com does not exhibit the same issues for the same documents. 

Any idea?

delve.office.com is a new entry point that provides an updated view on the graph - a more personalized view, and it may simply be that the fix was implemented along with the entry point update, hence we shouldn't expect to see it.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
Yes. The team is aware and working in a fix. Thank you for highlighting and asking.

View solution in original post