Privacy Settings not Suppressed during AutoPilot OOBE (1903)

Copper Contributor

We are using autopilot for existing devices workflow. Our Autopilot profile has "hidePrivacySettings=True", but ever since yesterday, every machine we've built using this workflow is prompting the user to make privacy setting choices. Why is this? 

12 Replies
I don't have this issue. Was this temporary maybe?

@derekliu Hmm very strange. Have you tried creating a new autopilot profile and assinging that to the same group? (offcourse disabeling the "old" profile)

@RobdeRoosAre you using the offline workflow (autopilot for existing devices)? If so, what is the value the "version" key?

@derekliu No I haven't used the offline way yet. But in my opinion the autopilot profile that gets assigned to the devices is 100% the same. So when a device gets to OOBE and the profile gets assigned it should work the same way.

Could it be that you have an older Windows 10 build?

@derekliu 

Do you have a solution found yet, we have the same problem.

with the autopilot profile it works on version 1809 but on 1903 ik keeps showing the privacy screens.

i already made a new profile but that wasn't the solution.

Yes we are still seeing the privacy screens using the regular csv import method. We just decided to live with it for now - we can adjust the privacy settings using a configuration policy; also this might be something that will be fixed in the future at some point.
Any word on this? In 1806 this was working just by selecting "Block" from Device configuration - Profiles > Windows 10 Baseline - Properties > Device restrictions > Privacy > Privacy experience. I have since added a OMA-URI Profile to the above, but still the Privacy Setting notifications shows up on new AutoPilot computers. ./User/Vendor/MSFT/Policy/Config/Privacy/DisablePrivacyExperience > Integer = 1.

@derekliu

I have this issue now with 1903, did you manage to fix it youself?

@Koen van der Eijken 

We have found a solution.

After some testing we noticed that the privacy settings are suppressed when you have the profile in place en you boot from UEFI. when you do a legacy boot you still getting the privacy screens.

After some more research we notices that with our legacy boot there was no extra system parttition(something UEFI does have).

After editing the unattended file with a system partition everything works fine now, we don't get the privacy screens anymore.

I hope this will help you

@Wimpie84

Hi, thank you for your reply. I am in fact already using UEFI boot with secure boot enabled.

@derekliu 

We are also having this issue, noticing it on 1903 OOBE machines