Intune log file location Windows 10 MDM

MVP

Hi all,

Are their any log files saved on a Windows 10 device which is managed (MDM) by Intune? I want to deploy some software to the win10 devices, but I get an error in the Intune portal, no idea what the error means, so hoped to find some info on the local device. In the eventviewer not one event indicating a software install or failure.
And does anybody knows where Intune temporary downloads the software during installation/ deployment?

Regards,

peter

3 Replies

Hi,

You can look here; settings > accounts > access work or school . Here you have the option to Export your management log files. They are stored in c:\users\public\documents\MDMDiagnostics

Also in the Company Portal you have the options to Send Logs (to yourself or admin) in the Settings page.

Hope this helps.

Peter

I would like to add that the blog below is very helpful for troubleshooting software deployments via MDM.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configmgrdogs/2016/08/03/troubleshooting-msi-deployments-over-th...

Also, %windir%\System32\Config\SystemProfile\AppData\Local\mdm is another location to find logs and cache msi files related to software deployments.

@Peter Daalmans@Michael JonesThank you both, will have a look at these locations!