Every single computer reporting Type of system scan to perform failure suddenly

Copper Contributor

A few hours ago, my Intune dashboard started reporting a failure on every single computer Intune manages for the device configuration setting "Type of system scan to perform".  Anyone else seeing this?

9 Replies

I am not seeing that, did it resolve itself?@William Cunningham 

@bbhorriganNo, it's still happening.  I've got a trouble ticket opened with Intune support on this one.  But it's a head scratcher, that's for sure.

I reapplied the configuration policy and now all machines are showing the following error for Type of system scan to perform: 

-2016281112 (Remediation failed)

And this is in the eventviewer for Device-Management-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider:

MDM PolicyManager: Set policy int, Policy: (ScanParameter), Area: (Defender), EnrollmentID requesting set: (1C7F1C5D-1365-4C20-8848-66C18F279E93), Current User: (Device), Int: (0x0), Enrollment Type: (0x6), Scope: (0x0), Result:(0x86000011) Unknown Win32 Error code: 0x86000011.

As well as:

MDM ConfigurationManager: Command failure status. Configuraton Source ID: (1C7F1C5D-1365-4C20-8848-66C18F279E93), Enrollment Type: (MDMDeviceWithAAD), CSP Name: (Policy), Command Type: (SetValue: from Replace), Result: (./Vendor/MSFT/Policy/Config/Defender/ScanParameter).

Hi @William Cunningham, did you come to a resolution on this? All my Intune devices are having the same error. Thanks in advance.

I am seeing this issue as well.  Engaged Intune support and working through it.  We have found that this setting does exist in the Windows Defender ATP profile to configure the scan type, however, it does not make any difference when it is applied from my testing.

Intune build 1909. 

In the MDM Baseline, set "Defender schedule scan day" to "No Scheduled Scans". A false error will be reported if this is set to anything else because the baseline is missing the day/time options. Instead, set these parameters in the ATP Baseline or a regular Configuration Profile instead. That's how I got the error to go away.
This fixed the issue for myself, thanks.