06-18-2019 10:04 AM
06-18-2019 10:04 AM
Hi All, my firm has recently migrated to o365 and are still rolling out, we're having some huge issues with regards to people personal contacts syncing from Outlook iOS to Native contacts,
We enable the Save Contacts option. Outlook app then saves a copy of the contacts to the users iCloud account, that then syncs to their local device.
Many of our users, mainly the senior ones who have x thousands of contacts 2-7k contacts when they enable this setting either have 1 or 2 or all 3 of the following issues.
1) Not all their contacts sync, the client gives up and becomes extremely slow even leaving for a day /night.
2) Duplicates, triplets or quadruplets of contacts all with the same information appear.. have many screenshots.
3)The contacts that successfully sync to the local device have a note in under their emailed address called Outlook and links to the person in the outlook app. The address starts like this ms-outlook://people/<random number>. Well, these links do not link to the correct user in the outlook app. e.g clicking Joe Blogs Outlook link - opens the Outlook app and links to John Doe.
1) Disable Save Contacts wait for them all to remove form iCLoud then re-enable.
2) Try Reset sync from within the app ( never works)
3) Exported users contacts into a clear test account and a clean new device.. all the above problem still exists... its truly a phoneme.
I've opened a ticket with Microsoft and has been open for over 1 month, and still waiting on any helpful response from them.
Any advice, this issue is becoming out of hand.
06-19-2019 01:54 AM
I noticed the same behavior only in following cases:
- parallel contact sync with Outlook Mobile and native iOS mail app.
- user toggled "Save Contacts" several times. But after going to "Help and Support" > Delete contacts and enabling "save contacts" only once everything was normal.
So, frankly speaking, all issues of multiple contacts was caused by impatient users or first line support.
06-19-2019 04:12 AM
Thanks @Alexander Vanyurikhin it seems that even with patients and applying these steps doesn't work, the test account I have set up so I actively reproduce the error fails continuously even when all contacts are gone locally and from iCloud apply the save contacts, it will holt at 200 contacts or 1700 with duplicates or some other random number.
Going to keep trying other methods, but I feel there's a flaw in the system somewhere, and frankly surprised no one else is having these issues..so make me think something we could be applying to our categories that could cause confusion in sync.
08-29-2019 04:22 AM
Thank you for the share of these information.
We've now Outlook for iOS version: 4.0.0 and we don't have issues as you mentionned in your post.
My question is: do you still have the same issues or they're solved now & how please ?
My 2nd question is: How we could sync iPhone contacts with Outlook please? Is there a procedure ?
09-02-2019 07:54 AM
@Sofianeda1st The problem overtime has fixed its self, there where particular users who continued to have problems because their iCloud account continuously had corporate contacts that would never be removed for outlook.
We fixed this by going to iCloud exporting their entire iCloud, then deleting all contacts and then pushing contacts back to iCloud from iPhone it's been a very long-winded messy process.