SOLVED

Can't connect to the server error after installing new Outlook on Android

Iron Contributor

Greetings,

We are running MAM without enrollment in our environment.  Intune has been pretty flawless but ran into some weird issues today with 3 devices, all right after they got the newest Outlook update that includes the changed icon.

After launching the app they are getting this error:

outlookupdate.png

Our service desk has had all three users uninstall all their apps and reinstall them and they are no longer able to activate outlook, or any other app like Word, Excel, Teams, etc.   I've removed the registered device from Azure and no luck. 

MAM-WE has been rock solid for us. Worst case for anything has been to simply reinstall apps when all else fails.  I should actually get my hands on one of the devices in the morning but wondering if anybody has seen any strangeness like this before.

Thanks!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Christopher Neuendorf (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Christopher Neuendorf Hello
Would start by checking the logs in the morning on the device.

Uninstall the application

Make sure user have nothing (Tip: https://aka.ms/intunetroubleshooting)

Restart phone

Try again.

Never seen this error.

@Jonas Bøgvad 

Thanks for the reply, I was finally able to track it down via logs in the Authenticator app.  We had done a certificate upgrade on our federation servers and basically one of the certificates wasn't linked correctly and Android can not download a certificate chain..  Once it was linked correctly on our network hardware, everything started working again.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Christopher Neuendorf (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Christopher Neuendorf Hello
Would start by checking the logs in the morning on the device.

Uninstall the application

Make sure user have nothing (Tip: https://aka.ms/intunetroubleshooting)

Restart phone

Try again.

Never seen this error.

View solution in original post