SOLVED

Can I use Intune Policy like group policy

Iron Contributor

Hello,

can I push policies to windows 10 devices?

Like I create a policy with Firewall restricted. Now I like to push the policy to the devices. So when on a device the Firewall is manualy turned of it will automaticaly turened the Firewall on (through the policy).

I want to use Inune policy like a AD group policy.

thanks for your help

Stefan

2 Replies

You can assign configuration policies with device settings to a group of devices.

With custom (CSP) rules you could even trigger settings based on variables like network location.

best response confirmed by Stefan Kießig (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@jenstf  I am failing to follow just a little.

My understanding is the Configuration policy push the configuration down to the machine and make the changes (Enforce the config). Then the Compliance policy would provide the alerting to let the admins/system know if the configuration was successful (Report). Followed by the Conditional access that takes Action based on what the Compliance policy reported (Allow/Block)?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Stefan Kießig (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@jenstf  I am failing to follow just a little.

My understanding is the Configuration policy push the configuration down to the machine and make the changes (Enforce the config). Then the Compliance policy would provide the alerting to let the admins/system know if the configuration was successful (Report). Followed by the Conditional access that takes Action based on what the Compliance policy reported (Allow/Block)?

View solution in original post