Auto Enrollment Intune devices already azure AD joined?

Deleted
Not applicable

Hello,

Under All Devices I found all my computers that have join type "Azure AD Joined"  but under "Intune Devices" there is none. 

Is there a way to auto enroll Computer that already has Azure AD joined to intune?

//W

13 Replies
Hi,

I've already done that and that is if you enroll them to azure ad they will automatically enroll in intune. In this case, they are already AzureAd joined

Ah, understood

Does the group scope not still enrol them?

Stuart

I've choosen "all" shouldnt that enroll all computers?

@Deleted wrote:
I've choosen "all" shouldnt that enroll all computers?

One would imagine so.

What licenses do you have?

Stuart

Hi,

Enterprise mobility security E3

OK, maybe raise a wee Support Ticket within the Azure Portal.

Stuart

Hi William,

the problem is if you enable both enrollment user scopes and when they overlap the MAM scope will take precedence. I guess this is your problem, I've seen this very often.

see here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/windows-enroll

Important

If both MAM user scope and automatic MDM enrollment (MDM user scope) are enabled for a group, only MAM is enabled. Only MAM is added for users in that group when they workplace join personal device. Devices are not automatically MDM enrolled.

to avoid this and get your MDM auto-enrollment working you can either disable the MAM user scope or you enable All for MDM user scope and assign a specific group for MAM user scope. Additionally keep in mind the MAM user scope is not for general MAM on iOS or Android, it is for the MAM Windows feature. It's the Windows Information Protection feature basically.

best,

Oliver

@Oliver Kieselbach wrote:

Hi William,

the problem is if you enable both enrollment user scopes and when they overlap the MAM scope will take precedence. I guess this is your problem, I've seen this very often.

see here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/windows-enroll

Important

If both MAM user scope and automatic MDM enrollment (MDM user scope) are enabled for a group, only MAM is enabled. Only MAM is added for users in that group when they workplace join personal device. Devices are not automatically MDM enrolled.

to avoid this and get your MDM auto-enrollment working you can either disable the MAM user scope or you enable All for MDM user scope and assign a specific group for MAM user scope. Additionally keep in mind the MAM user scope is not for general MAM on iOS or Android, it is for the MAM Windows feature. It's the Windows Information Protection feature basically.

best,

Oliver

Superb and very informative answer Oliver

Hello Oliver,

It is only MDM user scope that is enabled and not MAM.

I just noticed that they have Intune clinet installed :\ I have to remove the devices from the console first.

Thanks!

I’m having the same issue , which devices did you move under what section in azure ? I have devices already enrolled into azure ad and trying to get them to enrol into Intune . Under accounts in settings I select enrol only in device management and it doesn’t install the Intune Management Extension. So question is what is the best way to enrol a device into Intune that is already azure ad joined ? Btw license is Microsoft 365 business . And oobe works for brand new devices and Intune Management Extension is working for those devices

Good news to all, the "Intune In Development" site does list a feature which will be released soon that solves the agent install on devices not auto-enrolled, see here:

Configure your Win32 apps to be installed on Intune enrolled Azure AD joined devices 

You'll be able to assign your Win32 apps to be installed on Intune enrolled Azure AD joined devices. For more information about Win32 apps in Intune, see Win32 app management.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/in-development#configure-your-win32-apps-to-be-installed-on-...

best,

Oliver

Hi @Oliver Kieselbach , shouldn't ask this question here but have you came across any issues with Windows App (win32) updating to a new version. The issue with the app im trying to update requires the current version to exit so it can install the new version. The install fails cause the old version is still running inWindows 10