Home

Introducing Toni Solarin-Sodara - Microsoft Ignite Community Reporter

Highlighted
Toni Solarin-Sodara
MVP

Introducing Toni Solarin-Sodara - Microsoft Ignite Community Reporter

I'm Toni, a Software Engineer and Microsoft MVP for Developer Technologies. Born and raised in Lagos, Nigeria; I'm an avid traveler, chef and amateur astronomer.

ToniHeadshot.jpg

I've been a software developer for as long as I can remember and I have a deep passion for all things technical. My day job revolves around building tools that make the lives of DevOps engineers around the world easier.

I consider myself to be Microsoft's biggest fan and firmest critic and I spend a good portion of my free time helping to reduce the barrier of entry for their development technologies.

You can follow me on:

If you could give one piece of advice to someone just starting their career in IT, what would you tell them?

Don't feel overwhelmed by the sheer amount of new and existing technologies. Take each day a little at a time and don't be afraid to seek help from more experienced people, they were once in your shoes.

How do you stay up to date with changing technologies and updates?

I enjoy reading technical blogs from specific people and companies I follow on the internet. I also spend a lot of time on information aggregation websites like Hacker News, Reddit etc.

How has IT changed since you first started your career?

IT has become more mainstream and as a result there has been a huge increase in the demand for IT professionals. Also, the support structure has greatly increased with the proliferation of technical communities.

What advice would you give to a first-time Microsoft Ignite attendee?

Try not to get too overwhelmed! There will lots of interesting sessions and you'll tire yourself out if you try to experience everything. Consider looking at the session schedule and making a personal attendance plan that contains a good amount of time to stretch your legs, browse the exhibitions and network with other people.

Remember to have fun!

What are you packing for Microsoft Ignite?

• Lots of geeky t-shirts
  • Comfortable sneakers
  • My trusty Surface Pro to get some work done
  • A few business cards
  • Lots of free space in my luggage for swags :)

Why should people follow you for Microsoft Ignite coverage?

I'll be the resident engineer reporting on all things software development, from .NET to Azure to UWP apps. My twitter feed is the best place to get my updates.

1 Reply

Re: Introducing Toni Solarin-Sodara - Microsoft Ignite Community Reporter

Congrats @Toni Solarin-SodaraReach out if you need some help/pointers/etc from an alumni. :-)