Home

Introducing Magnus Martensson– Microsoft Ignite Community Reporter

Highlighted
Magnus Mårtensson
MVP

Introducing Magnus Martensson– Microsoft Ignite Community Reporter

Hi! I’m Magnus Martensson. I was the first Azure MVP in the Nordic countries and I am a Regional Director. I live in Malmö, Sweden where I am the CEO of Loftysoft, a Cloudy consultant agency.

Magnus Martensson - MVP, RD, and Microsoft Ignite Community ReporterMagnus Martensson - MVP, RD, and Microsoft Ignite Community Reporter

I travel all over the world as a community speaker, and I am one of the original people initiating https://global.azurebootcamp.net/ which is now running once a year in 250 locations worldwide with over 10,000 attendees! You can read my profile here! https://about.me/noopman

You can find me on:

Q&A with Magnus:

If you could give one piece of advice to someone just starting their career in IT, what would you tell them?

Magnus: Learn by sharing! There is no better way to ensure you will always be on top of the latest trends and learn to steer your career in the right direction than if you give all your knowledge away. New knowledge will be returned to you multiple times over!

What are common challenges you see across your clients?

M: To understand what to do and not to do in the Cloud. To understand and take optimal advantage of the ever growing and ever-changing multitude of service offerings in the Azure Cloud Platform!

Let’s say you can predict the future – what do you see as the future of IT? Or where do you want IT to go?

M: We are in the middle of the biggest IT-migration in the history of our industry! We are moving to the Cloud! In the future we will look back at today (or a few years ago) and wonder how we got anything done at all? We will have unlimited compute, storage, networking (etc.) power at our fingertips and no one will host their own data centers anymore!

Outside of the sessions, what part of Microsoft Ignite 2017 are you most looking forward to?
M: Networking with future friends and meeting up with old friends from all over the world.

What are you packing for Microsoft Ignite?

M: Extra battery for my phone is a must!

Why should people follow you for Microsoft Ignite coverage?
M: I will be covering the Azure Pilot angle – which means you will learn about what it takes to be great in the Cloud if you follow my path through the event!

• Community Reporter
  • Microsoft Ignite 2017
Related Conversations
Ignite 2017 map
Tom Crow  in  Microsoft Ignite Conversations  on
25 Replies
Win+Shift+S (Windows 10 Creator Edition) Issue
Sunit Patil  in  Microsoft Teams  on
5 Replies
How to connect a "Team" to a "Group"
Mike Dumka  in  Microsoft Teams  on
36 Replies