SOLVED

Ignite 2017 map

Highlighted
Tom Crow
Occasional Contributor

Ignite 2017 map

Is there a map, or layout available for Ignite?

I downloaded a copy of the OCCC floor plan, and I've seen a couple of vendors post map snippets of their location, but I'm looking for something more complete.

Thanks

Tom

25 Replies

Re: Ignite 2017 map

i have not seen it but i guess it will come available in the mobile app. And in the books you receive

RE: Ignite 2017 map

Thanks Paul. The mobile app is nice, hopefully it will have a map soon.

Re: RE: Ignite 2017 map

No map in the app yet but the Twitter campaign for the app shows a screenshot of a map so I'm assuming it will arrive.
Solution

I got a reply from Eventbrite (I think) when I left feedback on the app that said the map would be on the app at the end of the week. Woo Hoo!

RE: Ignite 2017 map

That's excellent to know; thanks for passing it along. I've been thinking about this too, but have been referring to old Tech-Ed brochures from years past in Orlando. I always wind up using the endless keynotes to get time and tasks organized.

A coworker sent this to me, it's a 3 panel Power BI with detailed OCCC layouts for each building and floor; that lets you map your session locations and even gives estimates on how long it takes to get from one area to another.  It's pretty amazing! 

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiM2Y2MzBmYTctOWVjMi00NWQxLTg3NDQtMzQxZDc1YWQ0MTJkIiwidCI6ImEyZ... 

Thanks Shari, I totally forgot about including that on here!

I've seen it on twitter.

If you've got twitter you can follow all of the Ignite stuff by searching #MSIgnite

That is a really nice map thanks for posting!

Less than a week to go and still no map in the app.  :(

The weird thing is that weeks ago the map was sent off to be printed for distribution to you in your attendee swag as the conference booklet.  So clearly it's out there; it's simply that no one has felt like making the effort to provide it to us.

Interesting...I heard somewhere that there wouldn't be a physical booklet this year - the app replaces the booklet. 

The app does allude to a map if you deep-click into some of the sessions...but honestly, I think a booklet is a must so hopefully, that particular rumor is false. 

Hey, my app just updated from the play store and now has the MAP!!! Woohoo!!

Great! Hopefully that means the iOS app will be updated soon too...

woho - great work - well done

That's awesome !! Thanks for sharing.

If you are on Android and still dont see the map. Try a forced update from the Installed Apps list in the play store app. If it's still not there just un-install and install again.

I just tried reinstalling on iOS and still no map. If you click on a session and tap the location there's an area at the bottom where it looks like the map is supposed to be, but it's all blue.

EDIT: Oh I see, it's all blue because it thinks the session is somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean near Africa. :(

Hahaha! The date on on the iOS app is from 2 weeks ago. Hopefully either tonight or tomorrow!

I am not sure if that link works. At least, not for me.

My iOS Ignite App update just rolled in - and now has maps under each session! Also, I am seeing a 'Directions to here' option along with 'Find me' ... looks like these options could come in very handy on-site at the OCCC. Getting very excited now! 

Me Too!

I can't be the only person who is more than a little distracted on the Tech Comminity site. Playing the the schdule and reading all the posts regarding the event next week. 

Yes! I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and now the maps show up! Ok now I'm excited. :)

The Map is live on the MyIgnite portion of https://myignite.microsoft.com/home. If you dont see it, sign out and back in to the website. It's under 'My Confrence'.