SOLVED
Home

Is enterprise social still valid?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Is enterprise social still valid?

Yammer transforms collaboration by helping people to connect and engage across their company. But there is more than that, despite new product innovations. So why is enterprise social still a thing for an enterprise? Discuss advantages of other enterprise social tools (like Workplace, Jive) compared to Yammer. Attend this meetup addressing popular communication questions around inner loop and outer loop scenarios. Join communication experts who share their knowledge and bring yours!

Check this session out in the Ignite Session Catalogue
Session Code
MUP2011
Speaker
Loni French, Becky Benishek, Martina Grom
Session Type
Community Meetup
Product
Show more
Audience
Personas
Topic
Modern Workplace-Intelligent Communications
Format
Community Meetup
Level
Intermediate (200)
Show less
3 Replies

Re: Is enterprise social still valid?

Can't wait to do this session with Martina & Loni (and possibly more enterprise social people)!

Session Code
Session Type
Product
Show more
Audience
Personas
Topic
Format
Level
Show less
Solution

While I didn't share my own story during the session (we're planning to roll out Yammer over the next year) I'm glad I attended. It was great to hear everyone's success stories - and their war stories, too. My main takeaways:

• Regardless of platform, social networks require care and feeding by community managers who are invested in their success
  • There is a risk associated with moving from one platform to another, so picking correctly to begin with is important; if you must transition, take into account whether the content on the old platform is valuable enough to migrate
  • Incidence of truly toxic posts is generally very small, less than once a year
  • If a toxic post happens, don't panic - you wouldn't rip out the phone lines if someone was toxic over the phone, so don't rip out your social network if someone is toxic there.
  • Allow some leniency with non-work-related content - or even encourage it if it improves engagement

Were there others who attended who had their own takeaways they'd like to share?

Session Code
Session Type
Product
Show more
Audience
Personas
Topic
Format
Level
Show less

Thank you for attending! I'm so glad there was value for you. 

I often wonder if the war stories carry more teaching moments than the peaceable kind. :) Great takeaways that highlight some key points!

Session Code
Session Type
Product
Show more
Audience
Personas
Topic
Format
Level
Show less
Related Conversations