08-22-2017 12:34 PM - last edited on 10-06-2017 02:36 PM by John Webster
10-01-2017 04:58 AM - edited 10-12-2017 06:01 AM
@Zohar RazI reviewed the slides and I don't see anything about planned changes for the Search and User Profile settings. Can you provide any info about that?
Also, please make sure that there is the ability to change the default tenant level time zone and language for new site collections. The current default of Pacific and English is not appropriate for many organizations.
It would be very helpful if there was some info provided in the admin center for settings/actions that can be enhanced by using PowerShell. It is very easy to assume that something cannot be done because it does not appear in the UI, having some suggestions/references etc that guided an admin to related powershell cmdlets would be wonderful.
@Mahesh Chander Agarwalin the Azure portal, the top nav bar has a What's new icon that lights up and provides a brief description of new items, it would be great if there was something similar in the SPO Admin Center so that we could easily learn when something new is added to a page.
Please add the ability to filter, sort sites by Classification label
10-12-2017 07:48 AM
Great feedback, thanks for sharing the thoughts.
Search and Profile Page will eventualy be treated, we will be rolling out the new Admin UX before it supersets the existing UX, but out intent is to eventualy retire the classic admin UX.
10-20-2017 11:04 AM
- what about RBAC, waiting now 3 years, for example user settings, license settings reader role ?
- what about getting all configuration settings using ps and not only sptenantinfo ?
- what about missing ps integration for Communication templates ?
- what about o365 video channel creation using code ?
- what about Teams and guest handling same way as SP , able to enable for single teams only ?
10-20-2017 11:47 AM - edited 10-20-2017 11:48 AM
Great feedback, would be great to understand a few of these scenarios in more details. Here's a few thoughts.
- We are on a journey to simplify the experience, we have RBAC in our backlog, but we'd like to simplify before we add another layer of complexity
- PS is also in our backlog to align it with the new SPO Admin UX, we don't have an ETA for that.
- Video admin experience has moved out of Sharepoint/Office 365, the new STREAM service is out of this scope (I'm not sure ehat's in the pipeline there)
- External sharing/Guest access is an area of investment, including making it administrated in the granularity of a site/group/team. more info in Kavita Kamani's talk
11-22-2017 08:19 AM
Noticed that on the official roadmap site of Office 365, there is no mentioning the new admin center. Any ideas on a release time frame?