SOLVED
Home Events

Keeping up with change in Office 365

The annual Microsoft Ignite conference is the focal point for many announcements in Office 365. Product Groups release the results of their hard work and planning. They reveal their updated roadmap for the year or two ahead. Change is certain. This Meetup invites you to come and talk with your peers who face the same changes in Office 365. Talk about how your organization approaches change. Discuss the changes announced at Ignite, and how you'll prepare for them. The format for the Meetup will be a guided discussion, as a large group and as small groups. Conversation outcomes will be posted in the Change Alerts space on TechCommunity.microsoft.com, for further discussion.
Session Code
BRK2395
Speaker
Darrell Webster
Session Type
Breakout: 45 minute
Product
Office 365
Show more
Audience
IT Influencers & Implementers
Personas
Application Admin
Topic
Management
Format
Community Meetup
Level
Intermediate (200)
Show less
8 Replies

Re: Keeping up with change in Office 365

I've been thinking a lot about this meetup and how to leave behind a resource that can be used by the Tech Community. Potentially, continuing to add to it as a community. 

Here's my "Thinking Out Loud" about how the meetup could work. 

Blog: #MSIgnite Meetup: Keeping up with change in Office 365

Interview with Jeff Medford, discussing change in Office 365 and the Meetup. 

Ideas for the Meetup and format.

Suggest Questions and topics now.

I'll get us started. Add your questions or comments below.

1. What blogs do you follow for change + opinion + tips?
  2. Who are your most valuable sources on social media and their platforms? Who do you follow and what platform on social media?
  3. What are some of the most significant changes in your tenant this year? How has your organisation dealt with the change? 
Session Code
Session Type
Product
Show more
Audience
Personas
Topic
Format
Level
Show less

Fantastic news! It looks like @Jeff Medford came through for us and organised a Surface Hub for the meetup. This means we'll be able to collaboratively whiteboard as we discuss the questions during the meetup. 

If the Surface Hub is configured to use Skype, I'll try to live stream it to the REgarding 365 Periscope and YouTube channels

If you're attending this session:

1. Follow @REgarding365 on Twitter and Periscope for updates during MSIgnite.
  2. If you want to connect to the interactive notebook early where we will be pooling our notes from our discussion groups, please fill out this form.

Thank you Jeff!!

I'm really looking forward to facilitating this meetup. 

Session Code
Session Type
Product
Show more
Audience
Personas
Topic
Format
Level
Show less

interested in learning how to keep up with the changing urls, ips, endpoints in an organization that uses url filtering

Session Code
Session Type
Product
Show more
Audience
Personas
Topic
Format
Level
Show less
Highlighted
Solution

Thank you to all who attended my Meetup at MSIgnite - Keeping up with change in Microsoft Office 365. I had very positive feedback from attendees, who found it valuable to get insights from other organisations and how they keep up with changes. It was a Meetup in the truest sense, as each table discussed the questions.

15 or so people joined live via Periscope and at least two people joined participated in the shared notebook! Thank you Tom Grissom from Illinois and Philip Worrela from Switzerland!

When I asked how many people in the room were members of the Microsoft Tech Community, I was surprised to see how few hands were raised. Hopefully you all made it here to the community now, to join the conversations about change in Office 365. 

My experiment with live streaming the Meetup worked for the most part. I connected the Surface Hub to a Pexip meeting space and broadcast to Periscope and YouTube simultaneously. I also joined the meeting from my phone, using the Skype mobile client. This enabled me to visit tables while the questions were being discussed so I could share the conversation with the online audience. 

To reduce the echo and background noise, I muted the mic on the Surface Hub while I visited the tables with my phone. However, I should have unmuted the Surface Hub when I returned to the stage. So you'll see a few minutes of silence as I introduce the next question, then unmute my phone and visit some tables again. So apologies for the silence as I introduce each question. Bare with it for a moment because the discussions at the table were invaluable. 

Most groups made a few notes during the Meetup, using the shared OneNote. 

I took screenshots of the notes and added it to my PowerPoint deck after the presentation. 

PowerPoint hosted on OneDrive

Thanks again to all who participated. 

It is my mission that if I am invited back to speak again next year, I want to enable other MSIgnite based meetups to be broadcast in the same way, using Surface Hub and Pexip. 

Till then, keep each other update to date and get conversing. 

A little more conversation, a little more action 

All this aggravation ain't satisfactioning me....
Session Code
Session Type
Product
Show more
Audience
Personas
Topic
Format
Level
Show less

I was also shocked to see so few hands get raised during the "are you a member of the tech community" question. Thanks for putting this all together, Darrell. I know this is a labor of love for you, and takes a lot of work to set up. Know that you are appreciated!
Session Code
Session Type
Product
Show more
Audience
Personas
Topic
Format
Level
Show less

Hallo Darrell. Thanks for all the good work. The PowerPoint is not accessible for me, though. Has it been removed from your OneDrive? Thanks, Magnus

Session Code
Session Type
Product
Show more
Audience
Personas
Topic
Format
Level
Show less

I didn't get the slides submitted in time. I'll ask the Community managers nicely if they can update the deck above with these slides 

Session Code
Session Type
Product
Show more
Audience
Personas
Topic
Format
Level
Show less

Thanks Darrell.