Home Events

Bots and brains: The Microsoft Bot Framework and Cognitive Services, better together

This meetup facilitates the discussion of how best to combine the communicative experience of the Microsoft Bot Framework with the behind the scenes artificial intelligence of Microsoft Cognitive Services to create great solutions for all people. Technologies discussed: Microsoft Bot Framework, Language Understanding Intelligence Service (Cognitive Services) API, other general Cognitive Services and how they can enhance the Bot experience.
Session Code
BRK2388
Speaker
Mark Schramm
Session Type
Breakout: 45 minute
Product
Azure Data Services,Azure SQL DB,Universal Windows Platform
Show more
Audience
Developers
Personas
Application Admin
Topic
Analytics, Machine Learning & AI
Format
Community Meetup
Level
Intermediate (200)
Show less
6 Replies

Re: Bots and brains: The Microsoft Bot Framework and Cognitive Services, better together

I can't wait for Ignite to arrive.  I'm really excited to talk with everybody and get your opinions on Bots and Brains.  I've been working with the MS Bot framework over the last year and a half and am a pretty opinionated sort. :-)

Besides the description for the meetup, I hope we can talk about Bot Frustration and Cognitive Services, Bots and Inclusive Design, Bots and where they are useful (or not).  I think not enough people ask if a bot is really what is needed.  Many times it is.  Also, what happens when the person using the bot gets angry or frustrated with the bot.  Using Microsoft Cognitive Services can do more than just natural language for your bot.  

I've been fortunate enough to be involved in an inclusive bot project to make sports (both rec and high-perf) available to ALL people.  It was inspiring and a completely satisfying project.  

Look forward to talking with you all!  

Cheers,

Mark

Session Code
Session Type
Product
Show more
Audience
Personas
Topic
Format
Level
Show less

Re: Bots and brains: The Microsoft Bot Framework and Cognitive Services, better together

It seems that bit.ly won't let me change the URL.  So, here is the NEW link to get back to your OneNote notes:

http://bit.ly/MSIgnite2017BRK2388_VIEW

This will get you read-only access to all your notes taken during our sessions.

Thanks for joining me!
Mark

Session Code
Session Type
Product
Show more
Audience
Personas
Topic
Format
Level
Show less

The slide presentation is available for download and it includes the updated URL for the OneNote document we created together.

Session Code
Session Type
Product
Show more
Audience
Personas
Topic
Format
Level
Show less

Hi.

I can't find the recorded session, do you know if it is made available or if it will be?

Could not be at Ignite but would really love to watch the session.

Regards

// Thomas

Session Code
Session Type
Product
Show more
Audience
Personas
Topic
Format
Level
Show less

I'm really sorry, but the meetup type sessions were not recorded.  We are all a bit disappointed but the meetup format was something new and didn't fit the usual profile of a stand up presentation.  If you have any questions or if there is anything I can help with, post it here and I'll do the best I can to respond.  Not as good as a recording but...

Session Code
Session Type
Product
Show more
Audience
Personas
Topic
Format
Level
Show less

Just finished a blog post collecting some of the results we created at Ignite in the OneNote notebook.  You can read my thoughts at: http://blog.markbschramm.com/2017/10/after-ignitebots-and-brains-meetuppart.html

WP_20170928_08_37_50_Panorama.jpg

Session Code
Session Type
Product
Show more
Audience
Personas
Topic
Format
Level
Show less
Session Resources