Home

Manage Microsoft Office 365 Groups (Microsoft Ignite 2016)

Community Manager

Manage Microsoft Office 365 Groups (Microsoft Ignite 2016)

[ Edited ]

Join the discussion about the following Microsoft Ignite session!

Manage Microsoft Office 365 Groups
Speakers: Eric Zenz (Microsoft), Vince Smith (Microsoft)

For full session details, click here.

ABSTRACT: Microsoft Office 365 Groups helps you collaborate by easily bringing together your colleagues and the applications you need to get work done. Office 365 Groups leverages a standard definition for team membership and permissions across Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, and later Skype for Business, Yammer, and the rest of Office 365, managed through Microsoft Azure Active Directory. This session covers the following topics: architecture, administration, security and compliance, moving from DLs to Groups and extensibility.

See more conversations labeled with:

7 Replies

Re: BRK3019 - Manage Microsoft Office 365 Groups

@Christophe Fiessinger or @Eric Zenz, Slide 8 of this presentation mentioned that a new AD policy for naming Unified Groups  would be out in the Fall of 2016. I can't find this anywhere. Can you point me in the right direction or has it been delayed? If so, is there a new date?

Thanks

Dean we are still working on delivering group naming policies in AzureAD, hence the status of this item on our public roadmap on FastTrack is still "in development", latest ETA is June.

It was also mentioned at Ignite that there would be access to a approval workflow for Office365 Groups. Is this on the road-map? 

Is there any documentation on the format of PrefixSuffixNamingRequirement string?

Thanks

Approval workkflow is not on our roadmap, you could build your own workflow using our REST API.

We will pubish supporting documentation once the feature is ready.

Christophe,

Thanks for the update. That was what was mentioned at IGNITE.  If I may ask a high level question: I recall that there whould be a mechanism that would allow a user to create a group but instead of the group being provisioned it would be put in a pending create state.

Groups in this state could be enumerated with a Rest Call and then Approved or Rejected with another rest call.

Am I recalling correctly?  

I know I am REALLY !!!! looking forward to both the naming prefix and approval capabilities.

Thanks

Bill

This is not on our roadmap and would love to learn where you heard this so I can follow up

Thanks