Home

BRK2033 - Discover Office 365 Groups - overview, what's new and roadmap (Microsoft Ignite 2016)

Retired

BRK2033 - Discover Office 365 Groups - overview, w...

Join the discussion about the following Microsoft Ignite session!

Discover Office 365 Groups - overview, what's new and roadmap
Speakers: @Amit Gupta (UC)(Microsoft), @Christophe Fiessinger (Microsoft)

For full session details, click here.

ABSTRACT: Discover Microsoft Office 365 Groups, a key component of our group collaboration solution that enables you to move from task to task with cross application group membership (managed in Microsoft Azure Active Directory). Office 365 apps that are leveraging groups include Outlook, SharePoint, OneNote, Skype for Business, Power BI, Dynamics CRM, Planner and soon Yammer. This session covers the following topics: overview, demonstration, and product roadmap.​

• Azure Active Directory
  • Breakout
  • BRK2033
  • Exchange
  • Groups
  • Microsoft Dynamics CRM
  • Microsoft Ignite 2016
  • Office 365
  • Office 365 Apps
  • Power BI
  • SharePoint
  • Skype For Business
  • Yammer
4 Replies

Re: BRK2033 - Discover Office 365 Groups - overvie...

@Christophe Fiessinger   I have a customer that is not going to be using Exchange Online. could you point me to some information that would explain how Groups will/won't work in this scenario.

Thanks

RE: BRK2033 - Discover Office 365 Groups - overvie...

Why won't they leverage Exchange Online? Are they using EX on-prem?

They are moving from Lotus Notes to Ex on-prem. My customer was recently acquired by another firm and the purchaser has some very conservative views about the cloud (and technology in general). I'm still trying to figure out their real concerns, there are a lot of mixed messages and inconsistencies in their decision making. The MS account team has been working on this for a long time with some success, but they still have a long way to go.