"Cannot open Excel workbook. The Excel workbook cannot be found. Please check if the workbook is del

Copper Contributor

We have a Microsoft Form with 135 responses. When I try to open the responses in Excel, I get the error message "Cannot open Excel workbook. The Excel workbook cannot be found. Please check if the workbook is deleted."

How can I get the responses to Excel?

8 Replies

This seems to be happening more often now, you're definitely not the first. Can I ask where you started the Form? Was it through OneDrive, a Team site, or from Forms directly?

I'm having the same problem.  I tried to modify the workbook, and now the Forms function can't find it.  Can it be recreated? 

Same issue for me, Forms was created through SharePoint, the excel file is at the same location, its name hasn't changed, yet FORMS can't find the file...

Hi, 

I have read a thread of the same community with the same problem. Here is the link. Although in the thread it seems it was not resolved but when I tried the solution of the engineer, it worked for me. 

What I did is that when I was redirected on the problem tab, in the last part of the url change the false to true. Hit ENTER after changing and you will redirected to a new Excel online file.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, but the option of changing TRUE/FALSE didn't work for me

@RENNEL JOHN VINCENT APOLINARES Just wanted to say, "Thanks!" Changing the end of the URL did work for me, though it is a little disturbing that this is still an issue.

Thanks, again.

@RENNEL JOHN VINCENT APOLINARES

Thanks for the tip. I had the same problem, but changing the False to True worked for me.