What's new in Microsoft Forms Pro - Survey Designer?

Microsoft

As you must have seen in blogs announcement recently, Microsoft Forms Pro is an enterprise survey solution, aiming at enabling enterprises capture the most important feedbacks, and making sense out of them in-context of their business (by joining with business data), and then completing the loop by improving their customer, product or employee experiences.

In this post, lets take a quick look at what Microsoft Forms Pro offers in the Designer/Questions experience. You continue to get the best of the current Microsoft Forms designer, with the below value additions:

Question visibility

You can now mark a question as default visible or not, using the “Visible” switch on the question.

This can be used with “Advanced Branching” below, to control the visibility (Show/Hide) of the questions based on your rules. For example, you would start with having the visibility turned off for a question, and only turning it on a specific condition.

This can also be used in cases, where you need to update the survey at a later point of time (say after a quarter, based on the feedback) and you want to delete a question. You can now hide the question, instead of removing it, so that you continue to retain the earlier responses, analytics and insights for this question – without surfacing the question to the survey taker anymore.

visbile.png

Advanced Branching

You can now add advanced branching display and logic rules to your survey. This means you can do “If…..Then….Else” on your questions, that will allow you to control what your survey should do, based on the answers. A typical example would be – if the survey taker puts a negative NPS score in the answer, show the question “How can we improve our experience?” to capture more comments.

advanced_branching_1.png

advanced_branching_2.png

You can “Show”, “Hide”, “Toggle” questions, or “Navigate To” a question, to the end of survey, to a chained survey, or even to an external URL.

Today, we support all “AND” and all “OR” of conditions. This suffices for most of the surveys today. We do not support Group Operators today (eg: (A | B) & (C | D)). If you think this would add value and you would want to see this, please cast a vote on UserVoice.

Question Formatting

You can now add formatting to your questions and options. You get a rich-text editor on a question and its options, to do these for you. This allows you to brand your survey the way you want to, complying with your organization’s styles and formatting rules.

In future, we will boost this with the capability of a custom css, that you can use to format your surveys at once.

formatting.png

Personalization of surveys

You can personalize the content of the survey, with data from your business systems, filled dynamically at runtime.

For example, if you would automate sending of surveys when a service case is closed, you can personalize the survey with the case number and customer service representative name, to be automatically populated from your business system when the survey is sent using Microsoft Flow or Email.

personalize.png

We would soon be enhancing this with more experiences like - Sections/Pages (which is available in Microsoft Forms as preview), Multi-lingual surveys/Translations and so on. Please stay tuned.

7 Replies
Fantastic! Which Office 365 will this be available in?

@Philemon Burney For now this is available in Preview. Which O365 will this be available in when it goes GA is something being worked upon. Please stay tuned.

Thanks. I can see many possible uses in Education so very keen for it to make it there! I'm staying tuned.
Hi. Can the branching logic work so that it jumps back to earlier questions when the respondent selects one of the multiple choices?

@Jennifer Walsh Can you share the workflow that you are doing that is under what scenario you would want to revert back to a previously answered question ?

I am currently working on a trial version of Microsoft Pro to which we intend to have. I have created a Survey form. However, the form responses that were made are not showing. It still shows 0 responses despite having 11 responses. I can record the response to SharePoint list though. Is there something I am missing?

When will this Forms Pro Survey Designer be available? @vishalsahay