Moving Forms from one O365 tenant to another, tenant to tenant migration

Steel Contributor

I am helping a school migrate their O365 content from one tenant to another. Some teachers want to move the Forms they created to the new tenant.  What are their options?

Thanks - Greg 

12 Replies
Hi, Facinn the same question. You figure anything out?

@Gregory Frick their only option is to create new forms. There's no functionality to move forms between tenants.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Flow Community Super User

Thanks @RobElliott I thought as much.  Same with Sway, I suspect.  

@Gregory Frick I have had a similar issue today as the organisation I work for have given us NEW MS user profiles for teams so that we can remote teach. The annoying thing was that I had produced lots of resources in my other account which I now need to move across to this new one. 

I found that if you open the form you want to migrate and click on share there is a part that says share as a template. 

If you click on copy and paste this into an email and send this to the user you wish to have the form the following steps can be followed to generate their version. There are two alternate methods.

1. Copy the template link on your form screen.
  2. Paste into an email and send
  3. Log out of your forms user account and log into the other account. This only really needs to be done if you are using a new account.
  4. Open your email and click the link in the email (it will be opened in a new browser tab.)
  5. At the top of the window there, will be a green button that says duplicate (click this)
  6. It will turn the screen white and you will see a progress wheel in the middle of the screen. This is Microsoft recreating the form. Wait until it is finished generating the images etc and then you can close the tab.
  7. You can then go to your email and do the next form...

Method 2:

1. Open two windows on your PC. One regular and one incognito. 
  2. Log in to the different account on the different windows. If you don't use incognito or private it will conflict.
  3. In the one window open the form. 
  4. Copy the template link on your form screen, go to the other browser window and paste the link.
  5. At the top of the window there, will be a green button that says duplicate (click this)
  6. It will turn the screen white and you will see a progress wheel in the middle of the screen. This is Microsoft recreating the form. Wait until it is finished generating the images etc and then you can close the tab.
  7. You can then go to your email and do the next form...

Be aware, if you don't wait for the form to completely build when you click duplicate elements will be missing. I did this once and none of the images I had used was present. 

It would be nice if MS could make this easier but I can't see this on their radar anytime soon.

I hope this helps.

Keep well,

MrWilliamson

Thank you I will try this out in dev & demo tenants.
I've followed this and still get an error saying the form does not exist, once I click the Duplicate button - no building process just an instant error so now i cant move my dissertation questionnaire from personal 365 account to Uni 365 account - ahhhhhhhhhh

CForms can be duplicated, i can see how to migrate responses @MrWilliamson 

From my experience responses cannot be migrated as they are private to the user account that set the form originally.

@MrWilliamson  Then it will be a problem, as we have to migrate everything to different tenant. Form i have copied and did not found anything for moving content as well.

@Gregory Frick 

Step 1Step 1Step 2Step 2

Step 3: go to the other tenant (best in another browser) and paste the link and save to the other tenant's MS Forms.
And Voila!!