Limit number of responses on a form

Brass Contributor

It would be really useful to be able to retrict the number of responses to a form.  I use microsoft forms as an ordering device for food and need to be able to limit the number of responses (in a similar way as setting the end time)

It would also be extremely useful to get a notification when a form is completed and for the form filler to get a notification summary of how they have resonded. 

39 Replies

@Alan Marshall Can you please help me understand your steps when you are on Ms Flow?

@Sabine Rietstap, te 

I tried bookings, still do not see how to put in limits there, so if you ask me als not possible. 
Unless someone can prove im wrong.

@KristineHughes19 We have a similar need with MS Forms. A team is looking to have employees select a few sections with limited seating in the form. Unfortunately, we need to monitor the form and manually remove the items that become full. Would be a nice feature to fade out maxed out response items with a note that the limit has been reached. This would make MS Forms so much more useful for company environments.

Do we know anymore how to do this yet? Tried to use Alans way but my brain aint smart enough for that 🤭

@k3jLa this is what I tried in May and it worked for me. Ha vent tested again

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

clipboard_image_2.png

clipboard_image_3.png

@siqbal2019 Your solution was awesome, but I had to modify my Flow slightly to get it to work - 

clipboard_image_1.png

good to know :)
This works, if there is just 1 choice. The problem in a school is that you have often many groups that you want your students to be able to choose from. Every educational software seems to understand this need, and still nothing form Microsoft. It has been some years since I asked for this improvemnt

Hi siqbal2019/Alan Marshall,

After choosing "When a new response is submitted", would you know why there is "No Dynamic Content Available"?

support_form_01.png

Please advise, thanks a lot!

Regards,

Anderson

@Anderson_Lee having answered and solved exactly the same problem yesterday in my own company I assume you are starting the template. Don't because it's old, out-of-date and is adding in that Apply to each which is what is causing the problem.  Get rid of this flow and start again using a new instant flow from blank. Add the When a new response is submitted trigger and the Get response details action and then the rest of the actions. You'll find you do have the items in the dynamic content.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@Erica Schwiening 

Ray here. 85826488632

Bay park

@Erica Schwiening 

Can I limit the number of answer choices a respondent can select?

On question types that allow multiple answer choices, rows, or textboxes, you can set a range or a limit on how many the respondent must answer.

@Michaelamin no this isn't possible yet.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@Erica Schwiening  

This blog will help you and others who are looking for this feature  

https://wordpress.com/block-editor/post/coderscollection.wordpress.com/1683 

@Friyank 

This links go no where and ask us to signup for wordpress and than nothing. can u paste here?

This has been an ask for 5 years at this point, with folks re-asking as recently as last week. I'm wondering when Microsoft will make the switch or develop an add-on.

@Erica Schwiening This is available on Microsoft Forms Pro, but requires Microsoft Dynamics

Screenshot 2021-09-28 083604.png

@Philemon Burney have you find a solution for this? It's 2023 and I can't find a solution for this issue 🤦