How to prevent single user but multiple response?

Iron Contributor

I am learning to use Microsoft Forms. I want to design a form and send to people (without Office 365 account).

It is okay for me to set "Anyone with the link can respond". But I tested and found that I can re-input another response after submit the forms even using the same device/browser. As I did not request their identity, is it possible for me to trace their latest choices? Or, is it possible to delete their previous choices?

Thanks a lot.

8 Replies
Only people within your organisation can be set for One response per person. You could filter it out based on the Start or completion time When you export the responses to excel.
I have faced similar problem. Is there anyway that we can prevent single person replying repeatedly? Before filling the survey? Thank you!

@Benyam_Habesha not with a form that anyone with a link can respond to because, as it's anonymous, Forms has no way of knowing who has completed it.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott 

In fact it could have some ways, using for example cookies or tracking IP address.

Something that SurveyMonkey, for example, does. 

Yes, you could still circumvent the limit, by using anonymous navigation, but for the vast majority of the users out there could be enough.

This one, together with directly embedding a single-question poll inside an email (like, again, surveymonkey can do) are the most annoying limitations Forms has IMHO

@Roberto_Icardi maybe, but Microsoft hasn't delivered any of that so my previous answer still applies currently.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

rather restricting multiple responses, You can use microsoft flow to detect trhe duplicate response and can take action on it further.

I dont think you can use MS Flow without having a reliable piece of data to use as a condition to decide which action to take. If the form survey is suppose to be anonymous. Since MS forms dont track IP, cookies or some other identifier, i dont see how it can be done.

I could be wrong, but base on what Im currently aware of, is what I think and agree with @RobElliott 

@JovianR indeed, how is a flow going to detect a duplicate anonymous response?!

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.
Principal Consultant, SharePoint and Power Platform WSP Global (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)