SOLVED

Functionality Questions when Creating Surveys in Microsoft Forms

Copper Contributor

Good afternoon, all.  I am providing training to my users on creating surveys in Forms and have been unable to find the answers through research to the following:

1. Can multiple fields be used on one questions, such as name, email address and other contact details?
  2. For a question with the Choice format, can you make one option required but allow more than one answer?
  3. Can you do formatting such as bold, underline, etc.?  Similarly, can you change the font type?
  4. Is there spell check?
  5. Is there a way to find out the percentage complete if a respondent doesn't fill the entire survey out?

If you could provide any/all of the answers on this, I would very much appreciate it. 

As I said, my research didn't come up with ways for any of this but wanted to make sure.

Have a great day!

DoriLynn :)

2 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Hi @DoriLynn hopefully the following is helpful:

Can multiple fields be used on one questions, such as name, email address and other contact details?

No, you either need to create specific questions for each of these or choose a single long answer question where all the data will be in the same field.

For a question with the Choice format, can you make one option required but allow more than one answer?

Yes you can have a choice question and select either single or multiple answers, and make it a required answer.

Can you do formatting such as bold, underline, etc.?  Similarly, can you change the font type?

Only in Forms Pro

Is there spell check?

Not built in, it seems to use the browser spellcheck, for example in Chrome, so that needs to be switched on.

Is there a way to find out the percentage complete if a respondent doesn't fill the entire survey out?

No, there is a uservoice request for this which you can vote for at   https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggest...

Rob
Los Gallardos
Power Automate Community Super User

Thank you very much for the detailed information, Rob.  I appreciate it very much.

Have a great day!

DoriLynn  :smile:

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Hi @DoriLynn hopefully the following is helpful:

Can multiple fields be used on one questions, such as name, email address and other contact details?

No, you either need to create specific questions for each of these or choose a single long answer question where all the data will be in the same field.

For a question with the Choice format, can you make one option required but allow more than one answer?

Yes you can have a choice question and select either single or multiple answers, and make it a required answer.

Can you do formatting such as bold, underline, etc.?  Similarly, can you change the font type?

Only in Forms Pro

Is there spell check?

Not built in, it seems to use the browser spellcheck, for example in Chrome, so that needs to be switched on.

Is there a way to find out the percentage complete if a respondent doesn't fill the entire survey out?

No, there is a uservoice request for this which you can vote for at   https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggest...

Rob
Los Gallardos
Power Automate Community Super User

View solution in original post