SOLVED

Forms for E3 tenants!

Bronze Contributor

Is there anyway to get Microsoft forms in our Enterprise E3 tenant?  People need this feature and I saw NOTHING about Microsoft forms at Ignite.  Can we expect any news about forms coming to other tenants besides education tenants by the end of the year?

48 Replies
I will have to go and grab a Global admin and have them check it. By default it appears to be on in the tenants that I am Global admin on. Worth checking though.

@Warwick Ward wrote:

Working for me in an E3 first release tenant, didn't see anything other than the license, browsed to forms.office.com and it logged me straight in.

Similar setup here, E3 with first release for my account. I show as being enabled within the E3 licensing for Forms but when I go to forms.office.com I just get the error about not being enabled. 

Same here, E3 with first release for my account. I show as being enabled within the E3 licensing for Forms but when I go to forms.office.com I just get the error about not being enabled. 

All good on E3 here. Signed in and now have access
Is it showing in the app launcher?
Does it have the scheduling option as well as form and quiz?
Those seem to be the only 2 things I'm missing on mine..
not showing in app launcher yet. if I go to app launcher in Forms then it shows some apps as setting up! so I presume that it will appear once that has completed. Scheduling - not sure what you mean as have not used forms before so not aware of the feature. I just see same as you Form and Quiz.
If your tenant is first release and forms is showing in the admin consple..logon to your tenant then go to https://forms.office.com
It should log you in or kick you out saying it it is not ready.
sorry previous message was not complete. I am signed in and can use forms, was just answering Dan's post about :)
No worries

hi

Same here , in settings shows enabled , but no access?

I can also see it as GA but it's not yet available to users or visible in the waffle menu, so I presume it's still 'rolling out'.

First release preview only. Expected to prod between mid July and end of September 

Hi,

I have E3 licecnes and noticed in the Admin center under Settings\Services & Add-ins that Forms has appeared, when I click on Forms External Collaboration is on. I have checked and my account has the Forms licence under E3 its labelled Microsoft Forms (Plan E3). When I try to access http://forms.microsoft.com/ it states "Microsoft forms is not launched to your organization yet" is there another setting I need to enable?

My tenant is set to First release for selected users and to confirm my account is on first release. 

Yes it is confusing.

They really did not communicate this one well

You will see forms alive in your tenant admin console for licensees etc.
However it will only let people sign in if their tenant is full first release right now.

It will bomb you out saying your account is not activated or something like that.

Currently it is preview only!
Should be rolled out by end of September.

From what I have done with it so far it is an excellent simple tool.
Do NOT expect lots of programmatic ways to manipulate it. You need power apps and flow for that. There is some basic flow steps you can do. I have not dug too deep.onto those yet.

Results however can be exported to an excel file manually.

You cannot do things like attach documents.

It is a simple tool for surveys, polls and just some basic data gathering. It is very much like G forms (g o_o gle ) or survey monkey if you have used those.

Difference here is you can keep it inside the service.

I remember Chris McNilty saying that forms was never designed to be anything more than an education tool
It was never intended to be anything but a standalone product..so it will not yet integrate with the rest of 365. It does not save to sharepoint (I need to check flow to see if it now can)

Since they have had pressure to bring it to all business/ enterprise tenants it shows the value it has. Thanks Microsoft for doing that. It will save many people a lot of tome clating response from emails or word/excel documents.

Hope that helps

That helps a lot actually, thank you!

Now if only it had the scheduling option like ED product, that would save a lot of time with HR arranging classes for training, etc..

Just put it in user voice build a following for it. Put a decent business use case and you never know. They are listening and responding these days.
Update on user voice this morning it is apparently still rolling out to First release tenants. So hold tight..I think the phrase is working on it. Not sure where I have seen it before though.. ;)

https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggest...
Thanks Philip, this is very helpful indeed appreciate the quick response, will have to be patient and wait for it to land in my tenant.

Hi all, apologies for the confusion with the rollout.

As Philip noted, we will be updating UserVoice with details on the rollout status so please check/subscribe to the idea there if you updates. Major updates will go to your message center post MC106358.

We are rolling out to First Release "for all users" or "my entire organzation", not selected users.

John

We are on a first release tenant, and got access to this yesterday. Very slick stuff.

It took 5 minutes to put this form together, and another 10 minutes to create a logic app that taks this information and updates Dynamics 365 with the information.

Very nicely done Microsoft!

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=wcNqp-GbH0WzQGENw2dlE_JkmmWiCzVIlwiasf6RFXdUREhO...