SOLVED

Forms Preview for Business customers

Steel Contributor

With this being a preview can Microsoft Share whether they are any plans to put limits or pricing tiers on the Microsoft forms service? 

Most products that have preview on the end usually end with a price tag on GA. 

It is a highly versatile product and a great addition to the service, it add a lot of value. 

What is holding us back deploying it is not knowing whether we will be hit with limitations or an additional price to allow users to start / continue to use it. Otherwise they will go back to using competing products outside 365 and lose compliance / continue to pay for other commercial products. 

8 Replies

Same question here. We currently have E3 subscriptions. Will these cover Forms when preveiw ends?

@Deleted wrote:

Same question here. We currently have E3 subscriptions. Will these cover Forms when preveiw ends?

Yes! From here it says 

"Microsoft Forms is available in Preview in the following Office 365 commercial suites: Office 365 Business Essentials, Office 365 Business Premium, and Office 365 Enterprise E1, E3, and E5 plans."

While I know that doesn't say what happens after preview, it's not going to change (at least for the enterprise plans), those are the plans that will include Microsoft Forms going forward.  You can also see this in the Office 365 Platform Service Description that it is so -

Microsoft Forms Office 365 Plans 2.png

Well previews have a habit of biting me.
Even if a document says one thing, things can change. I doubt it will stop being available in E3 but what limitations might be on the service.
So I will wait.
Thanks for the responses so far.

I know what you mean.  Do you think though having it listed in the Office 365 service description, per the screenshot, is relatively concrete? 

The only limit that is mentioned is the 5,000 responses.  Hopefully, closer to GA this will be made clearer with any service limits etc. like for example what happened with Microsoft Flow.

Well here we are months later and it is still in preview???? 

Any update from anyone at this point would be useful. 

best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

GA will be next month, according to the roadmap! I put the details in another post here - Microsoft Forms General Availability for commercial tenants.

Thanks for the conformation Cian.
Much appreciated.

Just to confirm today's GA of Microsoft Forms for business customers and the availability included in these plans was confimed:

"Microsoft Forms is available in the following Office 365 commercial suites: Office 365 Business Essentials, Office 365 Business Premium, and Office 365 Enterprise E1, E3, and E5 plans. Microsoft Forms is also available to existing Office 365 Enterprise E4 customers who purchased E4 before its retirement."

Microsoft Forms is Enterprise Ready now!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

GA will be next month, according to the roadmap! I put the details in another post here - Microsoft Forms General Availability for commercial tenants.

View solution in original post