Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Lightweight Gateway reached a memory resource limit

Copper Contributor

Hi

once a day i recieve an email from ATA saying:

"The Lightweight Gateway, ***hostname of the server***, stopped itself and will restart automatically to protect the domain controller from a low memory condition"

i added the much memory i can but still has this issue, i cannot add more. is there a way to limit the amount of memory the ATA agent consume? 

4 Replies

The LWGW Gateway will use whatever free memory it has while allowing for at least 15% free at all times.

The alert you are getting is most likely because you don't have enough for it to handle the incoming traffic.

(In rare conditions there could be other issues, but you need to rule out the obvious first)

Did you use the ATA sizing tool to assess how much resources you will need for this machine?

What did the tool recommend, and what spec are you using now?

thanks for the quick reply, i will run it now, and upload the results in 24 hours

the report recomendation is to add 1GB of memory to the DC. why it consume so much memory? before i had this agent my DC was 4GB less in memory

The sizing tool gave you a lower recommendation previously?

Did you make sure to stop the GW services on the machine while runinng the sizing tool?

The memory consumption of the GW in 1.9 should not change drastically compared to 1.8.1.