Microsoft 365 E5 - Windows 10 subscription activation for hybrid Azure AD joined devices

Brass Contributor

We have On Premises AD synced to Office365 (Azure) and Users having "Microsoft 365 E5" Licences.

Dell Desktops with Windows 10 PRO 1803 version joined to On-Premises AD and they are Activated to Windows PRO. Also Windows 10 Machines are showing in Azure AD Portal with "Hybrid Azure AD joined" and dsregcmd /status shows AzureAdJoined : YES.

But Machines are not getting upgraded from PROD to Enterprise.

Can you please help me what can be done in this issue.

Is there any alternate Method or some Manual command or tool from which we can Upgrade them to Enterprise.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

29 Replies
Do the users login on the machine with their azure credentials? (UPN)
Make sure they are!
Also check that windows 10 license tab is checked within the licensing tab on the users

Also I hit a wall doing this because of the licensing on the machines today for different reasons! Are you sure the machines have an active Win10 PRO license?
Try running this script on a test machine:

(Copy the text below into a .cmd file and run the file from an elevated command prompt:)
@echo off
FOR /F "skip=1" %%A IN ('wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey') DO (
SET "ProductKey=%%A"
goto InstallKey
)

:InstallKey
IF [%ProductKey%]==[] (
echo No key present
) ELSE (
echo Installing %ProductKey%
changepk.exe /ProductKey %ProductKey%
)
That solved it for me!

You seemed to get the join process right so you’re pretty close now :)

Follow the result

StatusStatus

Windows version continues with Windows 10 Pro enabled.

Status Hybrid Azure ADStatus Hybrid Azure ADThanks

Also logged in with azure account on computer?
Ok!! Just to make sure, you logged in with user@domain.com (format)

Yes, exactly this way (thomas@mydomain.com.br)

:)

See below the print of the windows activation screen.

Imagem007.jpg

Thanks

Hmm! Do you have some oem win 10 pro product key around? If so try change the key on one computer

I understand, but I don't have at the moment. 

I created a test environment in Azure to validate this procedure and I'm having the same problem.

Using proxies?
Ensure that "licensing.mp.microsoft.com" can be accessed from the Windows 10 clients
Also in gpedit check that "Do not connect to any Windows Update Internet locations" is Turned off! This is done for all clients via gpo but can be tested on one machine via gpedit.msc
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows update\Do not connect to any Windows Update Internet locations

I'm not using proxy...

I created the machine policy

Imagem008.jpg

see the result of dsregcmd /status (this is my test environment)

Part1Part1Part2Part2

Make sure the setting is set to disabled!
From my experience it looks correct in dsregcmd

Yes, it is disabled...

Curiosity, the status of the image below need to show Windows 10 Enterprise, correct?

Imagem007.jpg

Yes! It should also say activated by subscription type