Microsoft 365 Business Public Preview is now live

Microsoft

Welcome to Microsoft 365 Tech Community! Microsoft 365 Business – Empower your team, safeguard your business, and simplify IT management with a single solution, purpose-built for your business. Bringing together the familiarity of Office 365 Business Premium, with tailored Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security capabilities – all in single product.

Get started today at www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/business 

13 Replies
There is no URL associated to Contact Sales link...

How can I get Windows 365 preview?

@Deleted wrote:
There is no URL associated to Contact Sales link...

How can I get Windows 365 preview?

I noticed the Contact Sales link now has a note saying when it's available, which I don't think was there at the beginning.  

In the UK, for example, it says "Available M-F 9:00AM to 5:00PM", while for the US it says "Available M-F 6:00AM to 6:00PM PT".  So it's worth trying the link during the time slot and see if it does anything then!

Update - I tried the link during those hours and it does indeed work, it's brought up a "Chat with us" box, where you can talk with a sales rep about Microsoft 365. 

Microsoft 365 Business is not equal to Microsoft 365 Essentials?

@Ricardo Cabral wrote:

Microsoft 365 Business is not equal to Microsoft 365 Essentials?

There isn't a Microsoft 365 Essentials, it's just:

• Microsoft 365 Enterprise
  • Microsoft 365 Business

There is the Office 365 Business Essentials plan, which isn't the same.  See this page for a comparison of Office 365 Business Premium vs. Microsoft 365 Business if that's of interest.

It's still impossible to get the preview of Microsoft 365 apparently. I tried that contact button that didn't work at first, it gives me a chat box with a Microsoft employee. That employee redirected me to the general Microsoft number and told me the options I had to choose.

I reached the pre-sales deparment which redirected me to the helpdesk, the helpdesk redirected me to some foreign number and those people redirected me to the website...

So after 45 minutes of waiting and trying to explain what I wanted, I was back at the beginning.

Does anyone has a better idea HOW I can get that preview.

Thanks.

Thanks for the explanation Erjen, that sounds frustrating!  It would be great if someone could chime in with a definitive answer.

I'd point you in the direction of the full FAQ but I am not sure if it will help - Microsoft 365 Business Frequently Asked Questions.  If nothing else, I'd consider reaching out to a Microsoft partner in your region, ask if they are participating in the Microsoft 365 Business Preview Trial and if can provide some assistance with onboarding.

You're right, I meant Office 365 Business Essential.

Thanks for the clarification.  To confirm, they are different,  Microsoft 365 Business includes Office 365 Business Premium plus additional device management capabilities with "tailored security and management features from Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security".  

What's the difference between Office 365 Business Premium, Microsoft 365 Business and Microsoft 365 Enterprise?What's the difference between Office 365 Business Premium, Microsoft 365 Business and Microsoft 365 Enterprise?

There is an on-demand demo available here, that may be of interest.

Hi, is there a comparison sheet regarding Windows 10 Pro, vs Business, vs Enterprise? Can't seem to find it easily..

@Martijn Steffens wrote:
Hi, is there a comparison sheet regarding Windows 10 Pro, vs Business, vs Enterprise? Can't seem to find it easily..

I can help clarify what Windows 10 Business is a bit, as I was interested about this as well, it's not quite like an edition or SKU (like Pro or Enterprise) as such, it is actually Windows 10 Pro with the cloud and device management features of Microsoft 365 Business (from here:(

"Windows 10 Business is a set of cloud-services and device management capabilities that complement Windows 10 Pro and enable the centralized management and security controls of Microsoft 365 Business. Windows 10 Business also comes with Windows AutoPilot, a service that streamlines the deployment of new Windows 10 PCs. If you have devices that are licensed for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 Professional, Microsoft 365 Business provides an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro which is the prerequisite for deploying Windows 10 Business."

Another explanation from here:

"This raises the question - what is Windows 10 Business, is it another Windows SKU? Rather than think of it as another SKU, the best way to think about it is that it's Windows 10 Pro when it's being managed by Microsoft 365 Business. If that's not clear, think of it as Windows 10 Pro, plus the cloud based management capabilities that Azure Active Directory and Intune provide, including the choice of MAM or MDM based management options. You get to take advantage of MDM auto-enrolment, Windows Autopilot and other capabilities on offer when you start combining these technologies."

The above link has a lot more details.  Does that make it any clearer?

Hi Cian,

thanks! I came across the same input as well :) nevertheless, good to know, we're on the same page ;)

I can assist with explaining what Windows 10 Business is a little, as I was intrigued with regards to this too, it's not exactly like a release or SKU (like Pro or Enterprise) all things considered, it is really Windows 10 Pro with the cloud and gadget the executives highlights of Microsoft 365 Business (from here:(

"Windows 10 Business is a bunch of cloud-administrations and gadget the executives capacities that supplement Windows 10 Pro and empower the concentrated administration and security controls of Microsoft 365 Business. Windows 10 Business additionally accompanies Windows AutoPilot, an assistance that smoothes out the sending of new Windows 10 PCs. Assuming you have gadgets that are authorized for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 Professional, Microsoft 365 Business gives a move up to Windows 10 Pro which is the essential for sending Windows 10 Business."

One more clarification from here :

"This brings up the issue - what is Windows 10 Business, is it another Windows SKU? As opposed to considering it another SKU, the most ideal way to consider it is that it's Windows 10 Pro while it's being overseen by Microsoft 365 Business. In the event that that is not satisfactory, consider it Windows 10 Pro, in addition to the cloud based administration abilities that Azure Active Directory and Intune give, including the decision of MAM or MDM based administration choices. You get to exploit MDM auto-enrolment, Windows Autopilot and different capacities on offer when you begin consolidating these advancements."

The above interface has significantly more subtleties. Does that make it any more clear?