SOLVED

VBA, LINK MULTIPLE ROWS IN A SHEET TO RANGE OF CELLS IN ANOTHER SHEET

Copper Contributor

Hello distinguished excel experts. I have a worksheet, say (sheet1) containing 200 students with names in column (b8:b200) and scores in each subject (e.g Mathematics range, say (C8:J200), English(K8:R200), Science (L8:S200) Education (T8:AA200), etc.

want to use VBA to link these data to only one report sheet which will loop through the names of students and their corresponding scores. Please I need VBA code to do this because the work is more complex than the above illustrations. Thank you all.

7 Replies

hi @Sotannde Abiodun Kabir,

Give sample workbook or screenshot, i'll give codes as you expected.

coz, i can't able to get your need, and input is not clear. 

Have you accomplished your goal?

English(K8:R200) and Science (L8:S200) Education are overlapped.
No I have not.
Please my guru, I need to send the entire workbook to you but it is heavy and cannot be sent here, about 15mb
Thanks for your response. I need to send the entire workbook for better clarification but it cannot be sent here. Its 15mb document.
I need another network to send it. Can someone help please?
best response confirmed by Sotannde Abiodun Kabir (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Sotannde Abiodun Kabir,

Don't afraid. We are not asking your data. I just need your column name headers in which column (no need of student names and their scores).

(i.e.) You saying putting your 200 student names in range (b8:b200) but it is 193 students only. coz you did not specified (b1:b7) containing student details.

1.Column A contains what? if it is students roll no. i don't need them for result.

1.a. Rows 1 to 7 contains what? coz some header may helpful to find result easily.

2. You are saying "Mathematics (C8:J200), English(K8:R200), Science (L8:S200), Education (T8:AA200)".

But tell us upto which cell reference your subjects going.

3. While displaying result what you want, only student name and total score of all subjects (or) subject wise total?

Thank you for your response. My concern is actually to have the problem solved not the fair of sharing my data. Sorry if my expression seemed so.

To give a clearer view, I have sent parts of the workbook showing 2 broadsheets: one for 1st term and the other for 3rd term. The one 1st term will serve the second term. I can handle that if the code to find the first term is given.
ABOUT THE ENTIRE PROJECT
The project is the system for designing report sheet for students in Nursery 1 and 2 and Primary 1 - 6.. It comprises of worksheets for broadsheets of each class and only 4 worksheets for report sheets. I.e. one report for each of:
1) 1st term and 2nd term Nursery
2) 1st term and 2nd term Primary
3) 3rd term Nursery and
4) 3rd term Primary

I need codes to send the results of students to these sheets after the class and term to be printed is selected.
Please I prefer VBA codes not lookups formula because I can understand codes easily.

Sorry, my English is not good enough to express myself better. I attached 4 worksheets for better understanding.

Again, thank you very much for your readiness to help.
Thank you for your response. My concern is actually to have the problem solved not the fair of sharing my data. Sorry if my expression seemed so.

To give a clearer view, I have sent parts of the workbook showing 2 broadsheets: one for 1st term and the other for 3rd term. The one 1st term will serve the second term. I can handle that if the code to find the first term is given.
ABOUT THE ENTIRE PROJECT
The project is the system for designing report sheet for students in Nursery 1 and 2 and Primary 1 - 6.. It comprises of worksheets for broadsheets of each class and only 4 worksheets for report sheets. I.e. one report for each of:
1) 1st term and 2nd term Nursery
2) 1st term and 2nd term Primary
3) 3rd term Nursery and
4) 3rd term Primary

I need codes to send the results of students to these sheets after the class and term to be printed is selected.
Please I prefer VBA codes not lookups formula because I can understand codes easily.

Sorry, my English is not good enough to express myself better. I attached 4 worksheets for better understanding.

Again, thank you very much for your readiness to help.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Sotannde Abiodun Kabir (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Sotannde Abiodun Kabir,

Don't afraid. We are not asking your data. I just need your column name headers in which column (no need of student names and their scores).

(i.e.) You saying putting your 200 student names in range (b8:b200) but it is 193 students only. coz you did not specified (b1:b7) containing student details.

1.Column A contains what? if it is students roll no. i don't need them for result.

1.a. Rows 1 to 7 contains what? coz some header may helpful to find result easily.

2. You are saying "Mathematics (C8:J200), English(K8:R200), Science (L8:S200), Education (T8:AA200)".

But tell us upto which cell reference your subjects going.

3. While displaying result what you want, only student name and total score of all subjects (or) subject wise total?

View solution in original post