SOLVED

Hands on labs - credentials issues

Steel Contributor

A fair number of the hands-on labs I've tried seem to have an issue with the lab credentials for M365.

For the Administering Microsoft 365 - OS00207, Enabling governance in Microsoft Teams - OS00194 and A day in the life of a Teams admin - OS00202 the provided credentials for the O365 portal are wrong - they all appear as @lab.CloudCredential(82).Username and @lab.CloudCredential(82).Password or some variation with the number being slightly different.

I can see this has been reported a few times at https://trainingsupport.microsoft.com/en-us/tcml/forum/all/microsoft-teams-virtual-lab/741b4ac3-fc10... and https://trainingsupport.microsoft.com/en-us/tcml/forum/all/microsoft-self-paced-lab-m365-deployment-... but no one ever seems to get anywhere actually finding out who to report this to.

3 Replies
I am running into the same issue. Like you I have seen this reported many times but there is no answer. Is there anyone at MS that can figure this out or point us in the correct direction? In fact my lab kept saying the labuser account was locked becasue too many incorrect passwords were tried. PRetty useless if you are trying to learn something.
best response confirmed by HidMov (Steel Contributor)
Solution

To All:

This is the reply I got from the lab provider.  Basically, until MS or the third party does something, there will be no new labs issued.....great.

Hello Paul,

Thank you for contacting Learn on Demand Systems Help Desk.
The labs have been identified as using Microsoft 365 tenants. These tenants are managed by a third party upon approval by Microsoft Stakeholders whereby tenants are provided to LODS for distribution during the lab. This tenant pool has not been replenished and currently cannot issue tenants to lab users. 
Currently we have no estimation from the vendor or Microsoft Stakeholders as to when LODS will be provided additional tenants. Please note we are currently communicating our needs to both and awaiting a response.

Regards,

Sharon Finzel
Help Desk

Hi @Paul Saldanha 

Thanks for reaching out and finding the right support to answer our query. I appreicate it's a free resource MS/whatever third party provide, but it's disappointing that with the push to move workloads to Azure a valuable resource isn't available to help IT Pro's get necessary skills.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by HidMov (Steel Contributor)
Solution

To All:

This is the reply I got from the lab provider.  Basically, until MS or the third party does something, there will be no new labs issued.....great.

Hello Paul,

Thank you for contacting Learn on Demand Systems Help Desk.
The labs have been identified as using Microsoft 365 tenants. These tenants are managed by a third party upon approval by Microsoft Stakeholders whereby tenants are provided to LODS for distribution during the lab. This tenant pool has not been replenished and currently cannot issue tenants to lab users. 
Currently we have no estimation from the vendor or Microsoft Stakeholders as to when LODS will be provided additional tenants. Please note we are currently communicating our needs to both and awaiting a response.

Regards,

Sharon Finzel
Help Desk

View solution in original post