SOLVED

Do Office 365 Government E1/E3 licenses include ability to enable PowerApps/Flow on tenant?

Copper Contributor

I've been testing PowerApps via the trial and noticed that when I share an app with another user on the same online tenant they have to login to the PowerApps website and also use the trial.

I understand that O365 administrators can't control whether an individual user access the PowerApps site but I would like to use PA to create an app that feeds into a SharePoint list without each user on our tenant having to go through the trial.

Are PowerApps and Flow available for use by Government licenses E1/E3 so we can enable at the site collection level?

23 Replies
Yes! Any sense of when Flow/Power Apps will be released to the G-tenants?
The PowerApps team is committed to building the service with compliance by the end of CY 2017. It is technically possible to access and use PowerApps (and Flow) with Office 365 US Gov credentials, but we've blocked it from being enabled by default prior to compliance.
Ouch - that's a while to wait, but better to know a target date than to have it floating (I'm looking at you Sway!) ;)
I have had at least three different situations come up where I would have loved to use this as a solution. I will wait patiently and practice in a non-gov account space in the meantime.
Thanks for the info!

Hey Brian!

If we opt out of waitng for PowerApps and Flow to be complaint can we get access to it with Office 365 US Gov credentials then? Our Office opted out of waiting for Yammer compliance and were wondering if we can do the same for PowerApps and Flow.

Thanks!

-John

best response confirmed by Deleted
Solution

Brian,

Having a hard time finding anything from MS about the government release date other than what you mention here. Does your comment mean that we could enable it even though it's in process? Certainly haven't found anything to that effect. Can you point me in a direction? We echo earlier posts that this capability is wanted/needed.

I would definitely love to get a sense of when this will be released as well, and also a better idea of what functionality we will/won't get compared to the Commercial version. My experience with most Government MS products has been that we get a watered down version and I'm hoping that isn't the case with PowerApps but do want to plan for it if so.

Any updates on the targeted EOCY 2017 release for PowerApps/Flow?
Are we looking more to early 2018?

Thanks!

I would also be very interested in an update WRT when this might debut in Gov E3 tenants.

We've been working through some of this with our Microsoft contacts, as far as we know right now it's still targeted for deployment to Government tenants by the end of this calendar year.

*bump* - anyone || Microsoft? ll - have status on rollout to govt. tenants?

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/q2-2017-update/

Today is in CY 2018 and it's still not enabled.

@Brian Levenson wrote:
The PowerApps team is committed to building the service with compliance by the end of CY 2017. It is technically possible to access and use PowerApps (and Flow) with Office 365 US Gov credentials, but we've blocked it from being enabled by default prior to compliance.

We are awaiting access to Power Apps and Flow as well. 

We are currently limited to develop knowing that the changes will arrive but they are still not here. What is the status on this matter?

We keep hitting roadblocks with sharepoint that Flow would solve. Any update on the government rollout?

So yeah any update? it's March 2018 already. 

Just found this update, dated March 8:

"

Finally, we are excited to announce Microsoft will offer Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Government Community Cloud (GCC) High in 4th quarter (Q4) of calendar year 2018. This will support the requirements of the DoD, as well as contractors holding, or processing DoD controlled unclassified information or subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). The Dynamics 365 GCC High environment will provide support for the DoD Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide for information up to Impact Level 4. Dynamics 365 GCC and GCC High will offer up to FedRAMP High. These Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement investments are a component of Microsoft’s applications platform that also includes Power BI, PowerApps, Flow, Steam and the Common Data Service—these services power the extensibility of Dynamics 365 and for all of Office 365. This platform empowers customers to easily customize, develop, and deploy applications that work online and offline, for consumption on mobile devices and the web, without the need to write code. Power BI is currently available in GCC and GCC High. Power Apps, Flow, Stream and the Common Data Service will be available in GCC 2018 Q4.

"

From: Government IT Modernization Reaches Tipping Point (enterprise.microsoft.com)

Ugh, fourth quarter.  That's a long time to wait, especially since in mid-2017 it was going to be "At the end of 2017."  Looks like it's taking over two years to get it into production!

Is there any way for Government Plan subscribers to opt-in and NOT wait for the compliance certification?

No there isn't. If you need GCC for other reasons, you are stuck using O365 from 2 years ago, for all intents and purposes. Microsoft doesn't seem to care or they'd be in a bigger rush to roll out feature parity sooner; they know no one is going to leave over such a minor matter.

There's also no roadmap for moving off GCC to regular E1/E3 just in case anyone wonders -- it's a complete new implementation from scratch. We asked about it, since our reseller screwed up and assumed we wanted GCC since we're eligible as a SLG. Thanks a bunch...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Deleted
Solution

Brian,

Having a hard time finding anything from MS about the government release date other than what you mention here. Does your comment mean that we could enable it even though it's in process? Certainly haven't found anything to that effect. Can you point me in a direction? We echo earlier posts that this capability is wanted/needed.

View solution in original post