German Word Online Help Article for how to make documents accessible

German Word Online Help Article for how to make documents accessible

Upvotes

Upvote

Sep 20 2018
7 Comments (7 New)
Completed

Hi there,

this post includes similar issues, I found in the corresponding Excel Online Help Article and which I described here.

The Online Help Article in German for how to make your documents accessible in Word has some images/screenshots included, which have texts in them. There are some errors there for texts which have been added as a layer and some errors in the screenshots themselves, as they don't reflect a German installation of Word. The article is marked up as machine translated. All in all, it's ok. However it lacks some times on fixed terms, such as menu entries or task pane titles.

1. Section Hinzufügen von Alternativtext zu Bildern in the Online Article

This section has two screenshots. They do not correspond to an actual installation of Word 2016 in German. I added the screenshots how they look like in my Word installation.

image.png

image.png

The text, which has been added to the textbox in the online article is not correct too. Like for Excel, I suggest to use: Die neuesten Modelle unsereBrailletastatur. In the context text of this section, alternativ Text should be replaced by Alternativtext too, as that's the context menu entry name and title of the task pane.

2. Section Hinzufügen von Alternativtext zu Shapes und SmartArt-Grafiken in the Online Article 

Like for Excel, the screenshots include issues in this section. For example, untranslated text (Shapes). From my installation, I have for the context menu:

image.png

Regarding the additional text in the taskpane, I suggest to use Unser Messestand (like for Excel). Same note to please replace alternativ Text by Alternativtext in the content.

3. Section Hinzufügen von Alternativtext zu Diagrammen in the Online Article

Like for Excel, this section includes issues in the translation. The context menu look like the follwoing picture in my Word:

image.png

Like for Excel, I also suggest to change the additional text in the task pane to: Diese Grafik zeigt die Zu- und Abnahme der Erträge über einen Zeitraum von fünf Jahren.

4. Section Dekoratives gestalten von visuellen Elementen in the Online Article

Same as for Excel, the task pane looks for me in Word like:

image.png

5. Section Hinzufügen von Alternativtext zu * in the Online Article

There are some sections in the online help article, starting all with Hinzufügen von Alternativtext zu ... Like for Excel, I don't have the Alt-Text option in the format dialog anymore. There is an issue in the text on the first screenshot; I suggest: Der neueste Prototyp unserer Braille-Tastatur.

6. Section Verwenden von Textabstand in the Online Article

The screenshot for this section is taken from Word for Mac, while all others are taken from Windows.

Best,

Mourad

Comments
Microsoft

Hi @Mourad Louha Thanks for reporting this in addition to your other post here. We are investigating and hope to improve the accuracy of the images. We'll let you know how we get on. 

Microsoft
Status changed to: Working on it

Microsoft
Status changed to: Under review

Microsoft

Hi @Mourad Louha. Thanks for reporting these issues. I'm looking into this now, and as soon as I know more, I’ll get back to you. Janna

Microsoft

Hi Mourad, the reported issues have now all been fixed. Thanks again for reporting them. Janna

Microsoft
Status changed to: Completed

Hi Janna,

thanks very much for fixing them :)

Best,

Mourad