SOLVED

need help with a formula

Copper Contributor

Hello, I need help with some formulas for 3 columns on my spreadsheet. I need a formula that changes red when the date inside it is 3 years older than today’s date, but stays green when not. It also needs to change red when there is no date. When I say today, I mean when I open it on the February 23rd that’s “todays” date, or if I open it on March 12th, that’s todays date, etc.
I am pretty new to Excel and see all the really awesome things you can do with it, it’s just sometimes I don’t know how to do it. I tried looking up a formula using today() and IF but I am not sure how to put the formula(s) together. I also need one that changes at the one year mark, but I figure I can just change the number in the formula for the one above?
The person who created it applied conditional formatting, but I think you have to keep changing dates, some are listed two or three times, or are partial, or not needed anymore, etc.... It is just a mess. I figure there has to be a better way with a few formulas, rather than having almost 30+ different (no exaggeration) conditional formats. Any help would be great, and if you need clarification on anything just let me know. THANK YOU!Capture.PNG

4 Replies

Noelle,

in your sample file you define the color YELLOW for information that is soon to expire.

You need to clarify that. Is it a text "Soon to expire" or is it a date within the last 7 days or something else?

The soon to expire is should be within 3 months.

best response confirmed by Noelle Robinson (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I hope I got it right.

You got it right! amazing. thank you so much! this will help SO much.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Noelle Robinson (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I hope I got it right.

View solution in original post