Use SI Formula

Copper Contributor

Good morning, everyone,
I use the SI function for a point calculation based on a result. the cell referring to the computation string is on another sheet of the workbook (Points). I want to copy this formula in several lines but at each line the reference cell also changes.
here is the first command line:
=SI (J2=1; Points! C3; SI (J2=2; SI (J2=2; Points! C4; SI (J2=3; Points! C5; SI (J2=4; Points! C6; SI (J2=5; Points! C7; SI (J2=6; Points! C8; SI (J2=7; Points! C9; SI (J2=8; Points! C10; SI (J2=9; Points! C11; SI (J2=9); SI (J2=8)

and when I copy it to a lower line:
=SI (J3=1; Points! C4; SI (J3=2; Points! C5; SI (J3=3; Points! C6; SI (J3=4; Points! C7; SI (J3=5; Points! C8; SI (J3=6; Points! C9; SI (J3=7; Points! C10; SI (J3=8; Points! C11; SI (J3=9; Points! C12; SI (J3)

I'd like to block the formula without this cell shift.
thanks in advance

2 Replies

Hi Vincent,

To fix the cell(s) use absolute references instead of relative one (or mix)

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Switch-between-relative-absolute-and-mixed-references-dfec0...

Hi,

Do the following:

1. Go to the formula.
  2. Double click on each cell reference and press F4, so you get a dollar sign before each part of the cell reference like this: $J$2
  3. Press Enter.

After that, the cell references are now absolute and you can copy the formula without changing it.