Need help with formula

Copper Contributor
Hi all.
I have been trying to create a formula for the issue below but to no success. Please coukd someone give me an idea of what formula to use. If A1 = 0,12,18,21 and A2 = 1,2,3,4,SR,HR and A3 = 3, 3.5, 4 then A4 = x (Predetermined figure).
5 Replies

That could be like

=IF(SUM(--(A1={0,12,18,21}))*SUM(--(A2={1,2,3,4,"SR","HR"}))*SUM(--(A3={3,3.5,4})),"x","")

for A4 if you mean OR condition for values to check with A1, A2, A3

Hi Sergei.

Thank you for you're response. I have tried the formula that you sent me but it is not working. I have attached a spreadsheet of the values I'm working with.
If i change the values in columns A B and C then i need the value in column E to correspond to what is in there at the moment.

You're help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Hi,

Do you mean values in column E are predefined? If, for example, you enter somewhere in 3 cells values 6, 2 and 3 the result in fourth cell shall be picked-up from E and equal to 6448?

Hi Sergei. That is correct. The values in E are predefined. All i want to do is change the values in the cells in columns A B and C so that i will have only one line of of figures instead of a long spreadsheet.

But in this case you have to define why, for example, 6, 2 and 3 in A,B and C corresponds to 6448, not to other value. You may do that in the table or by some algorithm. Other words, how Excel knows which value to put in E depends on what we have in A, B and C.