Need help with formula

Copper Contributor

I am trying to create a IF statement that will work for the following situation:

I currently have the sheet set up to calculate dates based upon previous data input.  Column G will calculate a date of column A + 45 days.  However, if column H has a date entered, column G will return a value of "See Due Date After Resubmission".  The due date after resubmission is column J, which would be calculated only if column I is filled in.  I have all the cells set up at this point to correctly provide the information that I want them to, however, if I do not have a date entered in column A, then column G calculates a default date of Feb 14, 2000.  I want this field to be blank when there isn't a date entered into Column A.  Currently, I have the following formula in column G:

=IF(OR(ISBLANK(H7)), TEXT(A7+45,"dd-mmm-yy"),"see Due Date after resubmission")

This command is working, except it gives the arbitrary date that I do not want.  IF anyone can help, that would be great.  Below is a screenshot of my spreadsheet.

spreadsheet.jpg

1 Reply
=IF(A7="","",IF(OR(ISBLANK(H7)), TEXT(A7+45,"dd-mmm-yy"),"see Due Date after resubmission"))

Add a if formula to wrap your column G's formula is a simple why way to fix it.