Need Formula Help to exclude "N/A"

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that I need help adjusting to formulas on to ensure the accuracy of the data reporting. I currently have it set up to remove "N/A" from the denominator calculations but if I have an entire row of "N/A" it returns a "#DIV/0!" error because it cannot divide by zero. I have tried a few different IF formulas but am not getting accurate calculations. Can someone help me? I have posted a screen shot in the attachments.

5 Replies

null null-

Try something like this setup.  See the example file for reference.  You could also use a formula that sets the N/A to 0  i.e. 

=IFERROR(B3/C3,0)

DivisionError.png

Ok, I got that formula in and it works perfectly. Now how do I remove the N/A from the total percentage calculation? Spreadsheet help.JPG

You could use a similar formula.  If you would like the value to come through I believe you want to do the sum of all the numerators / the sum of all denominators.

To my knowledge 0/0 = 0.0% and 1/0 = N/A

Not sure what exactly you're looking for since I don't have the formulas in the spreadsheet to reference.

Try this:

NA_Total_Issue.png

Got it! Thank you!!!!

You're welcome.  Happy to help out, if you have more questions feel free to reach out.