Looking for help: Combining multiple tables in excel 2016

Copper Contributor

Hello, I have a workbook with 4 different worksheets (4 different tables). I would like to be able to create an extra worksheets that incorporates all 4 tables into one and that is reactive to changes in either of the 4 initial tables.

Thank you!

3 Replies
Why not copy all four tables to the one sheet and then get rid of the four original sheets? Add a column to the new sheet which contains the name of the tabs the data originally was on.

This is what I also originally thought. If it is the same dataset then it should be all together in one table. If for some business reason the four tables must remain separate then there are ways to dynamically combine them.

Hi Jean,

Although I agree with Jan that the best & easiest solution would be to create one combined table and work with this....there are a couple of ways to combine your data.

1) Have you heard of Get & Transform? (previously known as Power Query). You could easily combine all the data.

2) Technically there is a way to combine all the data using formulas but it would involve many steps.

3) You could hire a VBA programmer to create code to combine the data.

Cheers,

Kevin

http://www.myspreadsheetlab.com/blog/