SOLVED

How to find the missing values from a data ?

Brass Contributor

Hi,

Actually trying to figure out how to find the missing data from a data set. Have a data set which contains two columns, one has dates and the other one has time. Now i want to find if the hours are missing for any date. How do i do that.

Please help me, also attaching a file which has the data.

Regards,

Aditya

3 Replies

Aditya,

There are no missing hours, each date corresponds to a time starting from 0:00 (12:00 AM) until 23:00!

To check for that, press the filter arrow of the time column and take a look at the filter list to see if there are blank cells.

best response confirmed by Aditya Jadhav (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi Aditya,

You may add Pivot Table with count of time as values and filter the value if it less than 24. Result will be list if dates for which some time missed.

Rainfall.JPG

If, in addition, add Time to columns you'll see which exactly times were missed.

Hi @Sergei Baklan,

Thank you for the suggestion and it has helped me a lot.

Hi @Haytham Amairah,

The data that i have put up here doesn't have missing data that i know just wanted to know the way to find it out as i have the data which contains 6 years back data and just wanted to check all of that.

Regards,

Aditya

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Aditya Jadhav (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi Aditya,

You may add Pivot Table with count of time as values and filter the value if it less than 24. Result will be list if dates for which some time missed.

Rainfall.JPG

If, in addition, add Time to columns you'll see which exactly times were missed.

View solution in original post