SOLVED

Having an issue with HLOOKUP

Copper Contributor

I have created so many tables giving names as TABLE1, TABLE2,.............TABLE7.

Attached is a snapshot of it

Now if I change the value in grey area then HLOOKUP should automatically refer to that numbered table as array. I can do this using if condition but I have actual sheet where there 100+ tables so I want it to be dynamic.

Any help is appreciable

Thanks

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Venkatesh Vundela (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I have to assume that TABLE1 is a named range and not an Excel table (i.e. ListBox).  Were it an Excel table the reference as shown in H4 would have to be Table1[#All].

The INDIRECT function returns a reference to a cell, named range or object based on a string or cell reference input.  You were almost there with the formula shown in H5.  You just need to wrap your reference in an INDIRECT function:

=HLOOKUP(G3,INDIRECT("TABLE"&G2),2,FALSE)

Thank You so much
That worked like a charm

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Venkatesh Vundela (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I have to assume that TABLE1 is a named range and not an Excel table (i.e. ListBox).  Were it an Excel table the reference as shown in H4 would have to be Table1[#All].

The INDIRECT function returns a reference to a cell, named range or object based on a string or cell reference input.  You were almost there with the formula shown in H5.  You just need to wrap your reference in an INDIRECT function:

=HLOOKUP(G3,INDIRECT("TABLE"&G2),2,FALSE)

View solution in original post