SOLVED

Dynamic month list

Deleted
Not applicable

I have an Excel sheet which contains a couple of formulas where you can fill in the date inside a cell and it automatically displays the whole month with the correct day of the week, month and year. Now what I would like to change is to fill in the number of the week instead of the whole date. I have tried a couple of things, but I'am even more confused than before I started with these formulas. Can someone help me? I attached the file in which it works with the whole date instead of with just the number of the week.

5 Replies

Hi Twan,

You can wrap each formula with the WEEKNUM function.

But you have first to refer all days to the first day of the month.
You cannot refer each day to the day before because this is now a week number, not a date!

However, I've done this for you!

Please find the attachment file.

Hope that helps

Hi Haytham,

Thank you for the fast response and effort you put in but this is not what I would like to have. I'am sorry if I was unclear, my english is not bad but explaining something can be tricky for me.

I would like to have it work like the first document I uploaded, but instead of filling in the date I wanted it to be the week number. So for example: If you change the date to 01-05-18, you will receive all the days under each other from the month may of 2018. What I would like to have in the new document is instead of filling in the date 01-05-18. I would like to add the week number and receive an overview just like my first document but instead of the whole month just the whole week.

If you need an extra field for this, because with just a week number Excel might get confused about what year the week number belongs to, you are of course allowed to add this field right under the field called Maand(Month).

The list is about the hours someone has worked in a week, a timesheet(Not sure if this is translated correctly).

Again, I'm sorry and hope you can help me further with this document.

Best regards,

Twan

best response
Solution

Hi Twan,

Sorry for the late reply!

I understood from your explanation that you want to put the week number and then you want to extract all dates under this week number!

For example, if you put 14 (which is the current week number), then you will get a result as below screenshot:

Week number.png

I've updated the solution to do that for you, but it depends on a separate sheet contains the all the dates in the year 2018 with the week number for each date.

This is works only on a predefined year.

Please find the attached file.

Hope that helps

Thank you so much Haytham! Do I thank you by giving you a thumbs up and mark your post as best reply?
Thank you for this appreciation!
This encourages us to continue to help!

If you have any other question, don't hesitate to ask.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

Hi Twan,

Sorry for the late reply!

I understood from your explanation that you want to put the week number and then you want to extract all dates under this week number!

For example, if you put 14 (which is the current week number), then you will get a result as below screenshot:

Week number.png

I've updated the solution to do that for you, but it depends on a separate sheet contains the all the dates in the year 2018 with the week number for each date.

This is works only on a predefined year.

Please find the attached file.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post