SOLVED

Displaying a Date Range (i.e., 1/11/2021 to 1/17/2021) without listing the dates in between

Copper Contributor

I have a monthly expense sheet with the dates of the week auto-populating. However, I would like to create a header field that automatically lists the first and last day of that week in the following format: Week of 4/30 to 5/6. Can anyone tell me how I can do this?

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Ivan Rodriguez (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Ivan,

Could be

="Week of " & TEXT(C2,"M/D") & " to " & TEXT(D2,"M/D")

where in C2 and D2 start and end dates

Right on the money, Sergei! Thank you so much! that ABSOLUTELY did the trick!

On to a different question relating to the same expense report... I just created a macro that returns a blank report for the subsequent month. I begin it by clicking on the next month's tab and then proceed to have excel change all the dates (and headings, thanks to you!)... But I'm afraid if I run it at the end of May for the June report, it will wipe out all the data from May (because that's where I told it to begin).

Is there a way to have excel go to the next tab in the workbook automatically? If I can incorporate that step into my macro, I could just run it once a month and be ready to go right away.

Thank you!

Hi Ivan,

Macro is not my expertise, better if you start new conversation with that question, more chances someone answers. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ivan Rodriguez (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Ivan,

Could be

="Week of " & TEXT(C2,"M/D") & " to " & TEXT(D2,"M/D")

where in C2 and D2 start and end dates

View solution in original post