Exchange Online UM IP Gateway pointing to On Premise Skype for Business

Iron Contributor

Hi,

So If I have Skype for Business on premise implementation, and I have my own telephony infrastrucutre integrated with my Skype for Business, so that Skype users can dial mobile and land lines.

Now, I a using Exchange Online, and I have now O365 mailbox users using on premise skype for business and Exchange Online UM so that their voice mail is in the cloud.

Now in Exhange Online admin center, I configured the dial plans, OVA and everything works fine.

Now when going to the UM IP Gateway section in Exchange Online, I want Exchange Online UM to be able to dial out so I want to configure uM IP Gateway,. So can this be my Skype on premise server (i.e if i put my Edge publised SIP endpoint?)

3 Replies

After digging and trying things out, it turns out that all what need to be done is to create the dial codes, dial authroization rules in the dial plan, and Exchange Online UM will start dialing out via the on premise skype for business without the need to configure Exchange Online UM IP gateways

how did you configured the dial codes ?

Exchange online auto attendant - can i use there a local pstn number for the Access number