using custom template when starting a new book

Copper Contributor

I know how to create a custom template or, in general, how to force excel to start from a custom template. So that works when you double click to start Excel; I can get it to start with my preferred fonts, color palette, and so on. Nice.

What I don't know is: once the Excel program  is up and running and you want to open a new book from scratch >> select "File" then "new book", then Excel opens a fresh new book indeed, but NOT FROM THE SAME TEMPLATE IT HAD STARTED IN THE FIRST PLace or for that matter any template available.

I have previously checked all possible *.xltx or xltm files in my PC (in various locations: root office 16 & 15 in "program files" and the custom files in the user app data and what have you...)

but it simply ignores all these possible templates and starts the new book with characteristics apparenty immutable and mysterious.

How can I access those "non-template" parameters and change them? I'm sure I'm missing something, thanks in advance.

1 Reply
You can create your default workbook and worksheet by following the procedures in this link:
https://www.mrexcel.com/excel-tips/excel-2019-use-default-settings-for-all-future-workbooks/