several instances in excel

Copper Contributor

Dear All

every time I open and xlsx file the program will open a new "instance"...while I'd like to have 2 o more files in the same session (in order to use arranged view or move a sheet from one file to another).

Of course I'd open the new file through File - Open but this is not smart at all.

Thanks in advance for your help

p.s.: Office 2010 version14.0.7232.5000 (32-bit)

Kind regards

Susy

10 Replies
Hi so when you “open an xlsx” are you double clicking on a file or are you going File - Open?

@Wyn Hopkins Hi, double clicking

thanks

try this

File –> Options –> Advanced –> Scroll down into the “General” section –> UNCHECK the “Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)” checkbox.

@Wyn Hopkins Hi, “Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)” is already unchecked...I've tried also checked it...but it doesn't work.

Any other ideas?

thanks

@Wyn Hopkins Hi, sorry to get back to you so late...it's as suggested...probably IT in my company already changed it but without effect. Any other ideas? :(

No sorry, wish I could help

hopefully you get upgraded to Office 365 soon
thanks anyway

@susyvz800  Hy, I have the same issue with my files opening in multiple Excel instances instead of only one. Did you manage to find a solution in order to open 2 or multiple files in the same Excel session/instance?

Hi
I changed office version
Kr