"Can't find project or library" error message

Copper Contributor

I am trying to use a transparent shape on a column and changing the name of the shape to "Col A", "Col B" etc.  When I press enter I get "Can't find project or library".  This brings up a window (from Tools-References) listing Available References.  Four objects are listed.  No objects listed "MISSING".  Can somebody help me figure this out?

3 Replies
Is there any VBA code in your file? Which type of shape are you adding precisely?

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

I am taking a beginner Udemy class on VBA and this was an example I was copying (which worked in the professor's samples) where you place a shape on top of a column, rename the shape "Col A" "Col B" etc, and add VBA macro to the shape which I already typed into the code window.  I checked to make sure it was an exact copy of the professor's code.  The shape is a rectangle from the shapes choices at the top.  I also checked the box that opened for the object libraries to make sure it matched the professor's libraries that are checked, and they are the same.  I tried adding other libraries and nothing I did worked.  Thanks for your help. 

That is an odd problem. What happens if you do the same on a new workbook?