new formulas in excel 2019

Copper Contributor

I have a new excel 2019 but the new formulas like (unique) dos not exist and it give me error (#name?)

see my photeError.png 

3 Replies

@khaledbgh , dynamic arrays formulas are only for Office 365 subscribers, not sure they'll be for 2019 in nearest future

@khaledbgh 

At the moment dynamic arrays are not even in the production version of Office 365; they definitely missed the cut for 2019.  I am not sure what will happen once DA have been available within 365 for a while. For me, it is not simply a matter of having a cute function or two available. It changes the way in which I solve problems.  All my solutions now start with the assumption that the solution will be completely array-based, with the '@' implicit intersection operator very much the 'solution of last resort'.

If MS does not retrospectively implement in Office 2019 then I will be doomed to remembering the old techniques for years to come :( .

@Peter Bartholomew , as I understood Joe McDaid comments to his blog here, there are no plans for 2019. Compare to what it was with 365 and 2016 Pro I'd expect DA in Excel 2021 or so.