Home

multiplication with increments of realtime clock

Madhukumar
New Contributor

Hello Team , 

Need your help on the below requirement , i am planning and looking for trading data collection below requirement is one among them 

COLUMN A : had the volume traded of a stock in real time , meaning can be 10 @ 9.01 am , 564@9.05, its basically increment with relevance with time. (getting this data for market data readers)

Data i have is average volume per minute ,example : average value per minute is 50 .

I need for 9.01 am it should multiple 50*1 for 9.02 it should 50*2 so on , i have to do this till 3.30 PM 

or it can add based on minute increment.        (multiple or do addition with increments if time) 

COLUMN B : i need for formula for above

4 Replies

Hi,

Could you please provide small sample with source data and desired result? Part of questions:

What is exact format for the text in column A ? It's like "volume @ time" or "volume@time", 9.05 means 9Hrs 5min or 9 and 5/100 Hrs, etc

- where the magic 50 is kept

- where is the time with which sync values in column B

- what exactly you'd like to calculate in B (multiplying average on number of minutes fives cumulative sum; which increments to take)

Highlighted

Firstly thanks for the response 

Trading time : 09:00 to 15:30

COLUMN A : this is the data i get from the Data brokers which will give me cumulative data and will be changing based on interval for example , this value is to compare with value from Column B.

Column B is what i need your help 

example if i see data at 09:01 as 100 and see 09:02 as 200 which means by 9:02 which is 2 minutes from trading the volume is 200, so if i see at 10: 00 as 2000 which means after 1 hour of trading the volume is 1000 quantities.

i don't get minute by minute data and hence i am trying to that in excel which is column B and compare with Volume A ( meaning i don't get what happened between 9:06 and 9:07 when i see the data at 09:10 )

Column B : this magic 50 is number i derived for different sheet , this is basically  volume average per minute , take any number of your choice. 

lets say for example

at 09:01 AM  it should multiple 50 by one time because 1 minute(after trading started)  for example which is 50*1 = 50 , this value i will compare with Volume A at 09:01 am and create an alert if it is 10 times more , meaning alert me when Column A (volume traded getting from data broker) is greater than 500 (10 times)

at 09:02 AM  it should multiple 50 by two time because 2 minute(after trading started)  for example which is 50*2 = 100 , this value i will compare with Volume A at 09:02 am and create an alert if it is 10 times more , meaning alert me when Column A (volume traded getting from data broker) is greater than 1000(10 times)

Note 10:00 AM should be 60 minute , similarly 11:00 120 minute and so on till 15:30 which is 390 Minute from trading started which is 09:00 AM 

at 15:30 AM  it should multiple 50 by 390 time because 390 minute(after trading started)  for example which is 50*390 = 19500 , this value i will compare with Volume A at 15:30 PM and create an alert if it is 10 times more , meaning alert me when Column A (volume traded getting from data broker) is greater than 195000(10 times)

I have attached screenshot which should explain most of the things

If I understood that correctly

image.png

you may use 

=IF(ISBLANK(A2),"",(A2-$F$2)*24*60*$F$1)

where you have time from left most column.

Is the Time getting incremented every minute ? 

in real time you only have only ROW , where Data column be changing every minute and so do A2 

our B2 must be multiplying in increments of 50 for every minute change 

minute_increment.png

I really appreciate your efforts on this , but i dont see the time incrementing real time

Related Conversations
Stable version of Edge insider browser
HotCakeX in Discussions on
35 Replies
Tabs and Dark Mode
cjc2112 in Discussions on
30 Replies
flashing a white screen while open new tab
Deleted in Discussions on
14 Replies
Security Community Webinars
Valon_Kolica in Security, Privacy & Compliance on