import data from access to excel

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to create contingency table in excel from external access database. When I created first table, it is working but when I want to create second table, it tells me that in access database are no table for import.

Strange is, when I have in access database connected excel sheet I am able to create all tables, but when I have connected txt in access, so is posible to create only one contingency table.

Can you help?

2 Replies

Hello @jirikoci ,

Your question has not received any replies so far, so I'm trying to help you out. Your question is not very clear. You say you are "trying to create contingency table in excel from external access database". What does that mean? What steps are you taking? In Excel? In Access?

What is the "first table" and how did you create it? What is the "second table" and how did you created it?

I also don't understand your references to connect to txt in Access. Please provide more details. A few screenshots would help to illustrate what you are doing, and maybe you could put into words what you are trying to achieve.

Are you using Power Query to connect to Access? If not, why not? Power Query is the BEST way to connect to ANY data source from Excel.

Hi@Ingeborg Hawighorst,

at first I am beginner in Access I learning by myslef. I will try to explain better :).

I have Access database, where I have some tables whit basic data and linked excel file (see picture capture 1a), which is changing every day. Next I have created queries for future work.

When I want to create contingency tables in excel, is no problem to create 2 or more of them when linked file in access is excel (see picture capture 1b).

But, I need to link txt file to access database (see picture capture 2a), because it is original format of file. In access everything working like with linked excel file. The problem is when I want to create 2 or more contingency tables in excel. I am able to create first one and when I want to create second one, I received message that source data has no visible table (see picture capture 2b).

Otherwise I am not using power query, because did not need before. I just installed now and it looks, that will work, hope.

Thank you for hint :)