SOLVED

how to debug native C/C++ code with power query option in Excel/power Bi

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi, before jump into the issue I am having, there is little history kinda: I have written an SQLite ODBC Driver by leveraging open source. This code in c/c++ (native). Now, when I try to debug my driver code, with the legacy wizard, breakpoints always get hit. But whenever I tried to debug my code using power query, same code, same driver DLL, (cross-check DLL with the latest code, since breakpoint hit when going with the legacy wizard)  breakpoint never hit. I looked into "Module" window of VS2017/2015. It doesn't show my driver DLL but still, data successfully get fetched. Same issue I am facing with Power BI.

I don't understand without loading driver DLL how excel is fetching data. Now, there is some defect I need to resolve, which is only coming if the user tries to fetch data using Power Query( Get data->from ODBC). I guess, I tried enough to find, but now this is last option that I need your help guys.

4 Replies

Piyush,

I don't think you will find someone here that can help you with this issue, so I recommend you to post this issue in the most appropriate place.

Thanks, Haytham.

actually, I also posted the question in StackOverflow but there also I didn't get any answer. After that only I posted here.

Thanks for the reply BTW :)

best response
Solution

OK, would you try to post it here?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response